Waking up

I heard a distant beep. I heard the soft inhaling and exhaling of a person. I noticed that I was the one breathing. I wanted to curse. Wherever I was, I wasn't in my limbo place, and that's where I wanted to be. I started to be stubborn and not open my eyes. But then I felt a very distinct poke on my arm. I almost wanted to punch whoever was poking me.

Die.... Were my thoughts.

I opened my eyes, despite not wanting to, to find myself in a hospital bed and Gaara standing over me. So he was the one who poked me, I thought. How nice.

"How long have I been out?" Were the first words out of my mouth. Gaara looked away, and I instantly knew it had been for too long.

"Two weeks, Miya..." I furrowed my brows immediately. That was longer than I'd hoped. That meant today was the day of the chunin fights.

"I told you not to call me Miya..." I said, rumpling my way out of the hospital bed. I didn't think twice about slipping off the hospital gown right in front of Gaara, but his eyes windened very large. He immediately turned away in shame, and I finished changing.

I remembered another one of my lives and chuckled. Back then, I would've loved someone turning away while I changed. I followed Gaara out of the room, and jumped out of the window in the hallway. Gaara ran to see me through the window, and saw me safely land on the ground. He seemed to sigh with relief, but I rolled my eyes.

They are exactly the same... I couldn't help but think.

I saw Uragiri with an unconcious Iris in his grip. He really hadn't been defeated at all!

I cursed, while still keeping my composure. I saw the Kazekage's face red in rage. I seemed not to matter between Uragiri and his father's staredown. I started to stride my way to Uragiri, who suddenly was on guard. I knew that everything had been my fault. I was ready to accept that. It didn't matter anymore. Uragiri let Iris drop to the floor as I wrapped my arms around Uragiri.

I squeezed him tight. I let warm tears roll down my flushed face.

"I'm so sorry Uragiri..." He seemed to want to hug me back. "I... Accept you for who you are. You don't need to do this. I... Love you already," I lied. His father still seemed outraged, but Uragiri seemed happy. Like he was sighing with relief. I stunted my breath as I prepared myself. I rose to look at his face, and gently kissed him. He looked surprised, but happy. He closed his eyes, and that's when I... Drove a large kunai into his back.

"AHHH!" He screamed in pain. "You!" He accused. "You betrayed me!" I nodded. 

"Yes, and for it, I shall be punished. Do it now, Kazekage!"  That was when I took my punishment. The Kazekage threw a shuriken straight through my back, and dropped on the floor in front of me. There was a hole in my abdomen, and blood was flooding beneath me.

"No!" I heard the yell of Iris getting up from the floor. He didn't want me dead, I guessed. Uragiri grabbed him by the hair and-

"So, does that happen a lot? You fainting, I mean." Gaara asked as we made our way to the arena.

"Yeah, a couple times every life." I lied. It actually had never happened before. That scared me. Of course, if my soul were to disentigrate, and I actually died, I wouldn't object. But that probably wouldn't happen. 

We were slient the rest of the way there.

_______________________________________________

HI! So sorry I've been taking so long! I've been working on my other stories too!

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

PENGUINS.. Just thought I had to get that out.

COMMENT

VOTE

ADD

SHARE 

BYEZ