Chapter 21

Flashback: 5 months later

"What the hell are you doing here kevin?" I said completely annoyed and shocked.

Kevin has been tryin to get in contact with me for months, but now he actually came to my school.  This is starting to get out of control.

"I came to talk to you" he said.

I could tell from his voice and the way he looked that he wasn't okay.  He looked like he was not happy about our seperation.  He went back to his old emo way with all the dark colors, only worse.  He barely showed his face to me while we spoke to eachother at the school.  Oh my god...another thing I have to worry about. 

"I told you that us not speaking for a while would be a good idea.  Not just for me, but for you too."

"It's been a while." he said.

He so was not getting what I meant.  When I said I didn't want to talk to him for a while, I meant forever!  But I wasn't going to be the one to tell him that.  Not under these circumstances and not with the attitude he is in right now.  I could not help but wonder where Bryan was at this very moment.

"Well...I'm not ready for us to be friends yet Kevin."

He looked at me with those eyes that scared the hell out of me over a year ago.

"Who said anything about being friends?  I want my girlfriend back!  You.  Tina Daniels.  I want her back."

"Well...I'm sorry...I..." my voice began to crack. 

He edged closer and closer to me every word that was said.  It got to the point where he had me trapped up against Brandy's car.

"You remember the first time I wanted to kiss you?  We were just like this" he said.

How couldn't I remember.  He was my first, and for alot of things at that. 

"Yes I do, but," I pushed him off of me.  He looked ten times more angrier than before and was not expecting that reaction out of me.  Hell I was not expecting that from me either.  I looked at him sternly, "that was a long time ago, and I've gotten over that.  I've gotten over...you."

Big mistake.  He grew angry so fast I swear it was like how fast the Flash could run.  The blow to the right side of my face came and gone, and brought me back to those old times not too long ago.  Kevin grabbed me by my face with his strong hands.  He made me look at him, while I was crying in pain from the harsh blow.  I still had jaw injuries from when he used to slap me.

"Is there a problem here?" said a very familiar voice.

Brandy came walking towards us, ready to raise all kinds of holy hell on Earth.  Kevin still had his grip on my face. 

"No.  There's no problem here." he said with a smirk on his face.

The same smirk on his face that I once loved.  How could it look like the grim reaper smiling now I'll never know.

"Then I suggest you let her the hell go.  NOW!" said Brandy.  She was so not playing games, if even if she was, that would be a game that would end in a game over for Kevin and maybe his balls.

Before Kevin let go of me, he took one good squeeze of my face and lent towards me, and whispered,

"If I can't have you, nobody else can.  And that "cutie" is a promise."

I stood there petrifried underneath his grip before he let me go.  He took a few steps back and yet never broke eye contact with me.

"I'll see you really soon Tina.  Really soon." he repeated.

Brandy walked over to my side to embrace me in my horrific time of need.  She glared at Kevin while he was pacing away.

"See you later as well Brandy." he said to her.

"Yeah eat shit" she spat back.

Kevin turned around swiftly and he then walked away.  We watched him as he got into his car and drove off.

"Are you okay?" Brandy said to me.

"Yeah I'm fine."

I tried to move my jaw around and rub it before it became too swollen.  There was not much I could do for my face.

"He could have really hurted you Tina.  Why didn't you scream?"

I tried to relax and fix the pain in my jaw.

"I don't know. I just..."

There are so many things Brandy does not understand.  However she never pushed for the truth even though she maybe should have.

"Well come on, let's go home" she said warrilly.

We both got into Brandy's car and drove off.

"You know what,  I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend Tina.  You know.  Someone to defend you against asswholes like that" Brandy said.

I looked kind of red and started to laugh.  I mean, I didn't like keeping secrets, especially from Brandy, but I had to do what was right for me and Bryan.

"Me too" I said.

"Shoot.  If I had a boyfriend, I would be having him woupe that ass every five seconds just for the hell of it."

We looked at eachother and started to laugh.  Just like Brandy to always lighten the mood when things get tough.

"So tell me about your birthday party coming up" she said.  

Brandy was definitly trying to avoid thinking or even so much as start talking about the incident that just happened.  I too began to fidget in that one second of silence before the new topic conversation began.

I completely forgot about my birthday. Ever since my mom got her breast cancer back a few years ago, I never thought about myself anymore.

"What party are you talking about Brandy?"

She gave me one of those 'are you really asking me that dumb ass, silly ass question right now Tina?' faces.

"The crazy, hyped up, bangin ass birthday party I'm throwin for you"  She said with a pleasant smile.  I froze looking at her.

"Oh no Brandy.  I don't deserver one."

Brandy looked at me stunned.

"What the hell do you mean you don't deserve one?  After everything you have been through these past few months, girl you definitely are getting one.   And that is official because even though I love you with all my heart and soul I don't give a damn what you say."

I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window.  My plans for my birthday originally were with Bryan, but I guess new plans are in order. 

What could go wrong, right?