Chapter 2

Flashback: 3 years

"Tina aren't you excited?!" my mom asked me.

"I guess..." 

"It's okay to feel nervous honey. it is the first day of High School. But don't worry, the worst will be over once when you get home."

I don't just feel nervous, I feel like I'm going to shit myself.The first day of school is already nerve racking, but the first day of High School...enough said.  I just want these four years to go by with no worries.  That would only be possible though if I was in a fairy tale world.

"At least you won't have to walk by yourself. You have Erica to walk with."

Erica has been one of the most longest friendships I have ever had. We weren't best best friends, but we were close enough.  We would walk to and from school together, and eat lunch as well.  I could trust her.

"Hurry up hun, or you will be late" my mother said.

I checked my watch and the time spoke I was running late.  I hopped out of my chair at the breakfast table and ran upstairs to my room to see if I forgot anything. I had my hair done, my purse in hand, bookbag on back, cell phone, clothes on point. I was ready to go.  I swifted down the stairs and was out the door.

"Bye mom!" I yelled as I ran out of the house. As soon as I stepped outside, Erica was already at the curb of my house.  By her face expression I could tell that she was quite eager to get to school on time.  Just my luck.

"Aren't you excited?!" she said to me.

How the hell can anyone be hyper this early and on a day like this I will never know, but I greeted her with a slight smile and we started towards school.  

"Not really," I replied. "I have been dreading this day all summer."

Erica's face began to change from a smile to a frown.  "Why not?  This is suppose to be the time of our lives!"  she yelled out to the world.  "This is when we disobey our parents.  And sneak out to parties and meet hot guys.  Oh my god such hot, hot guys."  she says in aw.

I shook my head at her and kept walking.  Guys was the last thing I was thinking about.  Just cause I was a teenager did not mean I was suppose to drewl over the opposite sex.  Both Erica and I walked to school and by the time we arrived we just made it.  However, omg it so was not what I expected. Damn. There were so many kids!  Atleast a thousand were outside and probably more throughout the rest of the property.  It also seemed as if everyone had their own click as well...just my luck. The jocks and the cheerleaders hung out by the parking lot. The emo kids were by this brick wall talking and someone was playing a guitar. But what really caught my eye was this group of scene kids. Each of them had their own special color mixture and sexy ass hair styles. I was drawn to them.

"Let's go talk to them" I said to Erica. She looked at me like I was crazy or something,"What's wrong?"

"Do you really want to go talk to...them?"

"Yes I do."

"Ooookkkaaayyy." she said hesitantly.  

I did not know if her reaction was in shock that I was eager to be social or the fact that we were about to talk to a crowd she had no interest in.  As we walked up to the group of kids, this girl looked at us and smiled.  She had a really cool look and was very nice.  You could tell she was artistic cause she had this big drawing book with her.

"Hi" she said to us,"I'm Brandy."

"Hey I'm Tina, and this is Erica."

After me and Brandy shook hands, she reached her hand out to Erica, however Erica did not return the favor.  Erica had this look on her face that was so not friendly.  I gave her a look that said what the hell is wrong with you?

"I have to go find my homeroom now." she said quickly.

"But we still have a few more minutes bef..."

Before I could finish my sentence, Erica had already did a 360 and was half way up the sidewalk into the hallways of our new school.

"Your friend is very weird" Brandy said. She definately saw how Erica acted.

"I know. But I'm more weird than she is." 

"That is not a bad thing kid." she said chuckling.

We both laughed together and when the bell rang we went inside.  Brandy was a sophmore and loved art.  She also was a very nice person.  She showed me my homeroom and gave me her cell phone number so we can text during classes.  I could tell that me and her were going to be real good friends.  As I walked into homeroom I hesitantly  looked for a seat.  I did not know if any rules pertained to the arrangement  of seating.  As I sat down in a random spot, I noticed a bunch of hot guys sitting near me.  Despite what anyone may think, I do have taste in guys, I just do not focus so much on them.  One of the guys even winked at me. Oh lord...can that be any more distracting?  My day couldn't get any better, or so I thought. 

Just as the bell rang, I groaned because I knew that it was going to be a long boring day filled with boring lectures that teachers give on the first day.  But then all of a sudden, things picked up.  The teacher walked into the class and holy shit...

"Hey everyone. I'm Mr. Farber and I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of your High School days."