Chapter 8

Throughout the whole homeroom, Mr. Farber just sat at his desk fuming.  He didn't talk to anyone.  He didn't move.  Nothing.  When homeroom was over I knew that he had his prep. I decided to talk to him about cancelling our tutoring session today.

"Bry...Mr. Farber?"

He looked at me with some type of look in his face.  Could it be hurt?

"Yes Tina"

"Umm...I have to miss our tutoring session today.  Something came up."

He did not look surprised at my statement. He did not smile in a way that would make our cancellation okay.  In fact, his face expression almost made me feel bad about it.

"Oh let me guess.  Your going out with that crazy ass, no good, Kevin.  Am I right?" he said.

What!?  That was so out of character for him to say.  And innappropriate.

"Woah.  Who the hell are you getting mad at?!  Now I'm sorry I have to cancel but you don't have to say mean things about people you definately don't know!"

"I can say whatever the hell I want to!" he spat back.

"Well you can't tell me who I can hang out with!"

"He is bad for you Tina! Can't you see that?!"

"Oh please! You ain't the most wisest person to tell me what's safe and what's dangerous!"

He was mad as hell and I was mad as hell.  This was so not like him and I did not like being around him when he was like this.

"I'll see you later Bryan."

All he did was look me in the face.  He didn't say anything, just looked.  I walked out of the classroom to my next class.  While walking out I could of sworn I heard him say something.

 "Bye beautiful" was what I heard.

*************************************************************************************

"You ready to go?" Kevin asked.

"Yup." 

I gave him a smile and hopped into the passenger seat of his car.  He drove us to a little diner to get something to eat.  We then went for a drive.  It felt almost as if we drove through half the state.  While we were driving in the car, I couldn't help but wonder why Bryan would spaz out like that and say that Kevin was no good.  I mean everyone has their troubles, but what has he done?  I took that oppurtunity to ask.

"Kevin?"

"Yeah"

"Have you ever gotten into trouble?" I asked him.

He laughed in a response. "Um yeah.  I am pretty sure everyone has."

I nervously tried to rephrase the question.

"I know...what I meant to say was have you ever gotten into trouble with the law?"

All jokes were put to the side and he stopped laughing.  He looked at me with a curious face expression.  I guess as to why I would ask him such a question.

"Yes I have" he said kind of slowly.

It would be bad to say that that did not surprise me, but then again it did.  This sweet faced guy was too nice to do wrong.

"Why? What happened?"

He looked out of his window into the sunset. His eyes just staring at the sky.

"I'm sorry.  That was out of place to ask.  You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I said regretfully.

"Last year, my ex girlfriend pressed charges on me for assault and abuse." he spat out.

I looked at him kind of shocked. Abuse? Assault? Why would she do that?

"Why?"

He looked at me straight in the eyes.

"We had a crazy relationship.  There were alot of arguements and fights.  One day we had a very very bad fight.  She smacked the hell out of me and I lost it.  I grabbed her and started shaking her.  Screaming in her face.  That was when her mom came home and saw my hands on her daughter, her daughter in tears, and etc.  Blah blah blah.  Basically I ended up getting arrested and put in anger management classes." 

He continued to drive threw town, getting closer to our neighborhood.  Wow. I definately was not expecting that. But after him telling that story, I wasn't scared of him. I felt closer to him.

"So what happened after all of that?" I asked

"Nothing really.  Obviously we had to break up.  That was the last time we ever really talked."  

That kept me satisfied.  The last thing I would want is his ex-girlfriend still around.  That could jeopardize anything that me and him were building as a relationship.

"Well I think you are innocent and I am sorry that shit happened to you." I said.

"Nah don't worry about it.  It's in the past.  Besides I was totally wrong for grabbing her.  I want you to know that I will never hurt a female.  Especially you." he said.  

A smirk grew across his face and I smiled back at him.  When it was around 8:00 pm I told him we should head back to my house.  I didn't tell my mom I was hanging out so I didn't want to stay out long.  We pulled up to my house and he opened the door for me.  However, he wouldn't let me walk anywhere away from the car.  He was blocking my way.  He was some what holding me up against the car, smirking at me.

"I had a really good time Tina."

"Me too."

I was having a panic attack. To be honest I never was this close to a boy, and I never really kissed one either.  He was able to tell that I was nervous.  He smirked at me, licked his lips, and went for the kill.  That was until someone opened my front door, and the light from the house shined on us.  Damn it the hell!!!!!!!!!!!