Chapter 5 Meetings are never easy take 2

Mulai dari awal

I took a deep breath and told myself not to panic. Who expects the SMS to know anything anyway? Besides, they specialize in getting rid of POE's tower. It's stupid of me to get my hopes high. I just hoped that whatever happened there, we would be able to fix it.

"The reason why we had Tristan pulled this meeting so urgently is because a perfect opportunity is coming up." Eleanor quickly switched back to the topic and I gave myself a little shake to concentrate. "It's nearly the 260 year mark for the establishment of Citybases and a special documentary about the walls is underway. They will be filming in a spot outside of the city wall on Friday, and we need to stage an act."

Using my peripheral vision, I kept an eye on Kyle. He didn't strike me as a bad guy so the main reason why I did this was because his reaction when he didn't get what he wants is hilarious. He had his lips pressed into a thin line and his arms crossed in front of his chest, staring at a blank spot on the wall resolutely.

"What kind of act?" I asked, intrigued by whatever idea SMS would come up with. Sharing a mischievous glance with Tristan, Eleanor learned close towards me with a sparkle in her eye.

"You are going to love this!" She declared, before revealing her master plan to me.

---------

"So, tell me." Casey demanded as soon as I opened the door, somehow managing to get in my room without a key. I was too tired from the long day to react to her presence and merely grunted at the sight of her sprawling over my once tidy bed.

"I had a meeting with the SMS people." I told her the half-truth. "They wanted to have a meeting with me without Gerald."

Delighted by this, Casey's eye sparkled. "Now those are people with sense." She hooted, slamming a hand on her thigh. "What did they want?"

"Mostly to clarify who hijacked their plane." I grimaced. We did briefly touched on that topic at the end. Apparently Nigel literally took off and disappeared from sight and no one knew where he was or what he was doing with the jet. Crazy guy.

"I have almost forgotten about that." Casey said, I nodded. That did seeme like it happened a lifetime again, and it seemed weird to remember there was a time when I wasn't stuck in all these big picture troubles.

"I guess I will leave you to it then." Casey said, finally leaving my bed. "I won't be there at the meeting tomorrow; Gerald sent me a note forbidding me to go. Not that I care, you will tell me everything anyway."

Not exactly surprised by Gerald's decision, I nodded and suddenly felt a little guilty keeping the real agenda of my meeting from Casey. She had been nothing but a good friend to me, supporting me in a venture that wasn't her burden. But it wasn't my secret to tell.

"Well, good night then." Casey said from the door, but not before snagging one of the free chocolates from my bowl. "Good luck tomorrow."

"Thanks." I sighed, not looking forward another day of meetings. I wished that Nirmal was here to help me with this; she was one of the only one who truly knew how much pressure I was under and could relate (since Gerald loves the pressure). But she was needed back home, and she would be more useful there pulling the strings and rallying forces anyway.