Phantom Traveler

I woke up as Dean moved around "Dean?" 

Dean motioned for me to stay quiet as he reached for his weapon. We both turned and saw Sam carrying coffee and pastries.

"Morning, sunshine," Sam greeted

"What time is it?" Dean asked

"Uh, it's about five forty-five," as soon as he said that I plopped back on the bed.

"In the morning?"

"Yep,"

"Where does the day go?" I mumbled through the pillow.

Dean pushed me off the bed

"Jokes on you I still have the pillow," I told him as I layed down again.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Dean questioned

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple of hours," Sam replied.

I didn't answer

"Liar. 'Cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial," Dean argued

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV," Sam claimed

"When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?"

"I don't know, a little while, I guess. It's not a big deal," Sam told his brother.

"Yeah, it is,"

"Look, I appreciate your concern..."

"Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp,"

I looked at Sam worried "Are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

Sam handed me a pastry and Dean a coffee "Yeah. But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot you know? This job, it gets to you,"

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that," Dean told him

"So, what? All this it... never keeps you up at night?"

Dean shook his head while I shifted my gaze to the ground.

I did have nightmares, nightmares that one day I won't be able to control my wolf side and attack my family. I looked up as Dean's phone rang.

"Hello? Oh, right, yeah. Up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?" Dean asked on the phone

Sam tapped me in the back so I looked up at him "Who is it?"

"Jerry Panowski," I told him

"What is it?" Dean questioned and by his look, I knew it wasn't something good.

"So..." I said hoping for more information once he hung up the phone.

Dean only shrugged and began packing up. As Sam and I just glanced at each other.

***

"Thanks for making the trip so quick. I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean, Selina, and your dad really helped me out," Jerry explained to Sam as we walked through the interior of a hangar.

"Yeah, she told me. It was a poltergeist?" Sam said

"Poltergeist? Man, I loved that movie," a worker stated as he walked by.

"Hey, nobody's talking to you. Keep walking." Jerry looked back at Sam "Damn right it was a poltergeist, practically tore our house apart." He turned to me and Dean "Tell you something if it wasn't for you two and your dad, I probably wouldn't be alive." And back at Sam "Your dad said you were off at college. Is that right?"