Chapter 19: Decisions

Just then the door swung open and Luke stood in the doorway.

"What has been taking you so long? I've been waiting on you forever!" He said.

"Oh, I'm sorry Luke. I forgot you were waiting on me." I said standing up.

Peter stood next to me.

"I have a friend that wants to see you." At his words my heart stopped.

"Who?" I asked sharply.

"You'll have to come and see." He said.

"Luke." Peter said sternly.

"What? I thought this was a good thing." He said confused.

I walked passed him and ran towards the lobby.

Sitting on the couch was Justin.

"Sam..." He said longingly.

"Sam." Peter said running into the room.

I looked from Justin to Peter and vice versa. I didn't know what to say.

"You're alive." I said quietly.

"Yeah, I'm alive. Or at least I think I am. I came pretty close to death a couple times." He said.

I had no words. I ran up to my room and locked the door. I looked at the painting. I looked out my window to his grave. My window swung open.

"Sam, come down. Don't make me sell a poor cow to get magic beans. I don't think the cow would appreciate it." Peter yelled.

"You don't have a cow." I yelled.

"We could sell Cindy!" He yelled.

I laughed.

"Do you remember what happened to Ben? I don't think you want to mess with Cindy!" I yelled.

"Maybe we could change stories. Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair to me!" He yelled.

"I don't think my hair would do you much good." I yelled to him.

"Yeah it probably would be easier to have Ben to break down your door again." Justin said from behind me.

"Justin... I... I don't know what to say." I said.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you're shocked. You're probably mad at me, and I don't blame you." He said.

I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"So you aren't mad at me?" He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I didn't say that." I said.

"Oh okay." He said.

"I think you owe me a full explanation." I said sitting on my bed.

"Okay, look, I get a call from the Manipulator saying I can either turn myself in, or he would go after you. I couldn't take that chance. I had to turn myself in. I got there, and I attacked. I wasn't going to let them take me without a fight. They eventually caught me. They tortured me for months until they took me to the lab. They were going to make Zaria put a microchip in my brain. They wanted me to kill you. I couldn't to let them do that. I escaped and after weeks of travel, I found Luke." He said. Zaria lied to me.

"You could have told me Justin. We could have helped you." I said.

"I didn't want to risk you getting hurt Sam. I really do care about you." He said.

With that sentence, my heart skipped a beat. He cared about me. Peter cared about me. I cared about both of them. I had no idea what I was going to do.