Can't have kids

2 years later

Jason's pov

We're at the doctors for her monthly check up. They like to do these just to make sure she isn't getting cancer again. The doctor walks in with a not so happy look in his eyes, striking fear into the depths of my soul. I hold her hand tightly and fearfully. "I have some good news and I have some bad news." He says. We lock eyes terrified. "It's okay baby, we'll get through it again." I say, squeezing her hand, reassuringly. "The good news is she doesn't have cancer. The bad news is because of all the chemo and radiation, it made her not be able to have kids. She's infertile now." "What?! No!" She shouts. I hug her tight. "There's always other ways honey." She sobs loudly in my arms. "Is... Is that all, doc?" I manage to say. He nods. "I'm sorry." "It's not your fault." We go back home. "No wonder it didn't work! All this time us trying and it's my fault this whole time. We couldn't have kids because of me!" I drop down in front of her. "Baby girl, none of this is your fault. It's just the cards we were dealt. But just like in a good game of poker, we play to the best of our ability. We aren't giving up. We could always adopt or something else. Medical science has come far." I hold her hands. "I don't know if I can!" "Yes you can. Because in the poker game of life, I ain't gonna let you fold." I say, smiling. "Nice wordplay." She says, finally smiling. I stand up. "Ya know, I never did teach ya to play poker." She stands up. "Well, what are we waiting for?" So for the next two hours we enjoyed each other's company while I taught her the art of poker and might I add, she whooped my tail on a few games.

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I get a call from my sister Sierra. "Hey sis, I heard the news." "Ugh, news travels fast when you're married to a superstar." I mutter annoyed. "Well, I've got great news. I'll be your surrogate." "Surrogate? What's that?" "It means I'll carry your baby!" She gasps. I sit up suddenly alert. "You can do that?" I gape. She laughs. "Of course!" "Babe, what's wrong?" Jason mumbles, his eyes still closed. "Sierra wants to be our surrogate!" I tell him. He sits up just as quickly as I did. "Whoa! Really!?" "Y-Yeah..." I whimper, close to tears. The phone falls from my hand. "Jason, we're gonna be parents." I whisper, my head against his shoulder. "The world works in mysterious ways sweet girl." He says.

Sorry its so short. I just liked the ending.