Getting Better

Jason's pov

I sit beside her bed while she sleeps with an IV in her arms and one in her neck. All this stuff sends chills down my back. I lay my head back tiredly.

*in his dream*

Where am I? I see a grassy field with white headstones. Uh oh. I shakily run over. I see her parents. But the thing that completely terrifies me is her, laying in the casket, dead!

*he wakes up*

I almost fall out of my chair trying to get up. She's still breathing. Phew, she's still alive. Just a bad dream. The doctor opens the door with a smile on his face. Huh? Why is he smiling? "She's fighting it back really well. I think she's going to be okay." I think whatever my brother gave me is still helping her. "Tell her when she wakes up. I'm sure she'll love the good news." He says and leaves. "Yes!" I gasp, waking her up. "Oops, sorry hun didn't mean to wake ya." She sits up and stretches. "It's fine. I've slept a lot. What are you so excited about?" I tell her what the doctor said and hug her. "You're gonna be okay." I say. "And maybe this time it won't come back." She says. I sure hope so.

*several months later*

She is finally in remission again and we're on our way back home. Someone's car is in our driveway but I don't know whose. I open the door very reluctantly. "Who's in here?" I call, holding her hand. I flick the living room light on and one of the most shocking things in my life sits on the couch. Luke and Jessica. "What the hell are you two doing here?" I gape. "I wanted us both to apologize. But I wanted to wait til after everything was over with her and she was okay and all." Luke says. This is really weird. I haven't seen Jessica in 5 years! She also doesn't look happy to be here. I cross my arms. "Well, I'd sure like to know why you did it!" I snap, glaring at them. They both look at each other, not sure. "What's going on?" "Nothing. Just two people who shouldn't even be here." I grumble angrily. "Just leave. Both of you." Thankfully they do without a fight. I sit on the couch, stressed out to the max. "Who was that? And what just happened?" She asks, sitting beside me, a hand on my shoulder. I sigh and hold her hands. "She's my ex wife, Jessica and her and Luke were together while we were married." "Oh, well, I'm glad they're gone. I'm totally drained right now." She mumbles, leaning back. "How long do you think it'll be before you get your strength back?" "I don't know but I hope my hair comes back soon." She mutters, taking her hat off. "You're gorgeous without hair. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that." I say, holding her hands. She smiles. "Maybe a couple more times. I love hearing you say it." I pull her into my lap and kiss her then I whisper it in her ear. She giggles. "I love you Jay." "I love you too baby girl." I kiss her again.

*the next day*

I take a picture of us on the couch. She's wearing her hat of course even though I wish she'd not worry about not having hair. I put it on Instagram so my fans know she's doing better. The caption said thanks #Aldeanarmy for the prayers. The wife is doing a lot better and we're finally back home. I wouldn't have been able to do it without y'all. #ilovemyfans. 10 minutes after writing that, I check back and it's gotten thousands of likes and the comments are so cool like thank goodness. I'm so glad she's okay. And yay! The dynamite duo is back. #Aldeanarmystrong #Godsgreat. I show her and she's got tears in her eyes. "See the fans don't just love me. They love you too." I say, setting my phone down. "I didn't know your fans cared so much about me." I nod. "They do baby." I say, kissing her forehead as she lays on my arm, falling asleep quickly and cutely.