A letter

Miranda's pov

The doctor checks my vitals and Jason watches me from the doorway. "Jason, you haven't eaten anything in 3 days." I say. He smiles. "Neither have you." He points out. I laugh. "I have a reason." I say. The doctor leaves and he sits beside me in the bed. "Please eat something." "Ok, I'll be back later. Don't do nothin' til I get back." He jokes. I roll my eyes.

Jason's pov

I go down to the cafateria. Justin is there talking to a blonde girl. She laughs at something he said and I get something to eat. "Hey Jason, how's Miranda doing?" I don't even know. "I wish I knew man, I wish I knew." I mumble, shaking my head and sitting down. "Jay, are YOU okay?" He asks, sitting beside me. "I just wish she was better." Maybe this is what she means by she doesn't want me to get hurt. But I won't let her go through this alone. Someone says my name. I turn around. It's her mom. "Jason, she wants me to give you this." She says, sadly handing me a letter. "What is it?" I ask. "You'll just have to read it." She says, walking away. I'm scared to open it. "Are you gonna open it?" Justin asks. "I am. Just give me a second." I mutter, taking a deep breath. I open it and read it. Dear Jason, You made my once meaningless pain filled life worth something. I would've given up months ago without you. The only thing that keeps me going is seeing you everyday. No matter what happens, you'll always be the best thing that ever happened to me. Your girlfriend Miranda. My hands are shaking and I drop the letter. "Jason! What was it?" Justin gasps. I run to her room. She's writing. More letters for people. I sit on the bed beside her. "I know you don't want to believe I could die but I'm far from invincible." She says. I brush a tear from her eye. "You may not be invincible but that doesn't mean I don't cherish every moment I have with you." I kiss her. "And each day that I get to hold you, well it's just another gift. Nobody is promised tomorrow." "Jason, I-" I kiss her again. "I don't wanna die a virgin." She whispers in my ear. "Baby, are you asking what I think you're asking?" She nods.

*20 minutes later*

I can't and won't let go of her. She'll always be my little angel even if she's a literal angel. "Jason, I love you." She whispers, her head resting against my chest. "I love you too baby." I say, kissing her head.

Sorry it's so short