Death

"It's your team now," Director Leon Vance told special agent Anthony DiNozzo.

The director handed Tony the lead agent badge.

"Thank you Director." Tony sighed looking at Gibbs' old badge in his hands. The badge glimmered in the faint light from the dark window from the pouring rain.

Tony headed down to the squad room to his team; Special Agent Ziva David, Special Agent Timothy McGee, Forensic Scientist Abigail Scuito, and Chief medical Examiner Donald Mallard. They all watched Tony carefully as he slowly declined down the stairs.

"So?" Abby bravely spoke.

"He didn't make it through surgery." Tony whispered.

The team froze at his words, slowly processing them. Abby, being the first to break down, turned to McGee and balled in his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her while a tear excepted from his weary eyes.

"Oh Dear," Ducky sighed turning and leaving down to autopsy. His was of morning was to work. He knew that he would have to cut open his best friend, in the mater of hours.

Ziva just froze. Not knowing hat to do. "It's all my fault." She whispered. Turning around and grabbing her coat then running to the stairs.

"No, Ziva!" Called Tony. "You two can have the day off," Tony said rushing into the elevator to beat his partner to her car. This is permanent, he thought as the elevator dinged at each floor.

-.-.-.-

Rain poured down while Tony waited for his partner to emerge from the building.

"Tony," she growled when she saw Tony leaning against the trunk of her convertible. "Move, I want to go home,"

Tony watched her as tears started to weld up in her eyes before she quickly blinked them away. Pain filled her to the brim as she lost the only man who took care of her like a father. "Please,"

"Come here," he said stretching his arms out, knowing exactly how she feels.

After a moment to consideration, she walked into her partners awaiting arms. "It's all my fault Tony," she whispered as tears escaped her beautiful brown eyes. "I could have, should have stopped it."

"No it's not Zi," he whispered putting his hand on the back of her head, pulling her closer.

"How? I am the reason he was shot. I wasn't being careful. They had me. They could have shot me, but, Gibbs," She whispered, pulling her head back and looking into his eyes. "He took the bullet.

"It's not your fault Zi," he whispered placing his forehead on hers. "Gibbs loved us. We surround ourselves with people who we would give our own life for."

She nodded slowly, tears still streaming from her face. Tony is the only team member to see her cry, other than Gibbs. Gibbs only saw her break down after Somalia, when she had to explain what happened on the ship, after her had whispered in her ear, "You are safe here, we love you."

Tony cupped her cheek and pulled her in and placed a kiss on her lips. Ziva pulled back in shock. Seeing the hurt in his face she cupped his face and pulled him in for a longer, deeper kiss.

"We will get through this, together." He whispered, after they broke apart.

"I know," Ziva answered kissing him again, in the rain.

Please comment/message me about ideas!! Thanks y'all!!

Love ya!

Comment
Vote
Follow