Nightmares

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked walking up to Ziva in there favorite bar.

"Drinking." She stated slowly. She leaned into the touch of her partner when he placed his hand in the small of her back.

"Its depressing to drink alone," he said turning toward her, trying to read her.

"Then I will leave," she said standing up.

"No, i want a drink and it is very depressing to drink alone." He said grabbing her arm, stopping her.

"Alright," she agreed. She had nothing better to do anyway.

"Bar keep, liquid gold," tony said looking over at Ziva to see if that made her smile.

The bar keeper looked at him questionably while whipping a glass.

"Scotch on the rocks," he said glancing at Ziva again.

Her long curly hair hung in her face while she starred down into her drink.

"Your not going to find your answers in that," tony said sipping from his glass.

Ziva didn't move other than shake her head.

"Hey," he said softly. He took his hand and moved her hair out of her face and placed it behind her ear. In doing that, he opened up another side of Ziva. "Ziva,"

She shook her head and again got up to leave. This time, Tony placed a $50 bill on the bar counter.

"Keep the change," he said. Ziva had already managed to get to the door before Tony caught up to her.

Once they were out side, the chilly DC air overwhelmed Ziva. Tony took off his jacket and put it over her shoulders.

"You are coming to my place tonight Zi," he said.

"No Tony, I am Fine." She defeated the purpose with that by her voice breaking at 'fine'.

"No Zi, come on, lets go," he whispered being very careful.

Ziva sighed and leaned into his jacket. "Okey," she whispered.

The 45 minute car ride was silent other than the soft breathing of Ziva.

They arrived at Tonys apartment the dim of the street lights lit up the inside of tonys car. He looked over and saw a single tear escape the fearless eye of his partner.

"Ziva," He whispered rubbing her arm. "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing," she breathed grabbing the door handle and stepping out.

Tony sighed and followed her inside his building.

When they arrived at Tonys apartment, Ziva went straight to his bathroom. Tony pulled out a pair of his clean boxers and a large Ohio State shirts and placed them on his king bed that his father had given him for Christmas.

After 5 minutes with Ziva still in the bathroom Tony started to worry and knocked on the door.

"Ziva," he said. "Please come out."

No answer.

"Ziva!" He said louder, now starting to panic.

No answer.

"Please open the door or I will break it down," he said.

No movement.

In one swift movement, tony kicked in his locked bathroom door to see ziva curled up in a ball in his shower, crying.

"Ziva," he whispered kneeling outside the rim.

"Go away." She cried.

"Im sorry Zi, i can't do that." He whispered stepping in.

She turned away from him, tears still streaming from her eyes.

Tony sighed and wrapped his arms around her, one under her knees and the other around her wast. He lifted her up and walked out of his bathroom.

She wrapped her arms around his neck while he carried her to the couch. She turned her face to his shoulder and burst into tears.

"Zi," he whispered after a few minutes of rubbing her back and holding her close. "What happened?"

"There back." She whispered looking up at him with red puffy eyes.

"Whats back?" He questioned rocking her back and forth like a child.

"The nightmares, visions, memories! The pain! Everything is back!!" She cried louder.

"From Somalia?" He whispered keeping calm.

She nodded in his shoulder.

"Hey, its alright, Saleem is dead. He cannot, will not, hurt you anymore." He said hugging her.

She hugged him tighter still crying.

"Lets get you changed, you dont look that comfortable." He suggested picking her up again and heading to his bedroom.

He set her on the bed and handed her the shirt and boxers. He turned to leave her alone to change.

She sprang up and grabbed his arm. "Don't leave, I... I need to show you umm... Somthing..." She whispered.

"Okey," he said watching her closely.

She lifted up her black dress top and turned around so her back was visible.

"Ziva," he whispered stepping closer to examine what she was showing him. Twenty or more small circles were scattered around her bare back, some faded more than others.

"Thats not all he did," she whispered pulling his Ohio shirt over her.

She slid off her dress pants to expose the scars that lined her thighs. From the unknown eye, it would look like she was a cutter.

"Zi..." He said looking at the deep cuts that all had to have been sown shut.

She shifted her weight and slipped on his boxers.

"I wish that was all too..." She crocked.

"What did he do to you?" Tony whispered sitting next to her on his bed.

Ziva sighed. "I wouldn't send the worst terrorist to that camp."

"Its late, how about we try to get some sleep." Tony said slowly.

Fear flooded Zivas face.

"Don't worry," tony cut in. "Im not going anywhere."

Zivas face calmed down while she leaned back on his soft mattress. Tony flipped the light switch and laid down next to her.

She curled up in Tonys chest. She was shaking at first but soon she was fast asleep in Tonys arms.

He kissed the top of her forehead and hoped that one day, those months in somalia will leave her to pease.

yay!! I actually really like this one... The ending could be better but yeah.

I LOVE hearing your comments on my stories! All are welcome!

Vote
Comment
Follow!!