Chapter 10

**Dedicated to HopelesslyInLoveLiLi because I've just recently started talking to her and she's awesome :) You should definitely check out her story From Good to Bad, it's AMAZING!! Just saying!**

I was starving again by the time they came down to visit me again. A small slice of slightly mouldy bread was hardly the most filling meal on the planet. I wasn't going to turn my nose up at it though, seeing as it was the only type of food I would probably get. And trust me, I'd take slightly mouldy bread over being starving to death any day. If I was going to die, I wouldn't want it to be torturous. I'd want it to be quick and easy. I doubted I'd get that here though.

As crazy as it sounds, even to me, I guess I was always waiting for them to come down, looking forward to it to a slight degree, as it at least gave me something to do. Well, I wasn't looking forward to it as such, or at all actually, but I at least got to see some light, and faces, rather than just darkness all the time. And it gave me a little amount of time to escape my thoughts for just a minute.

I was still hurting from the last time though. Everywhere hurt. Even when I was sitting still doing nothing, it hurt. Being a clumsy person, I fell all the time, and sometimes I've had some pretty bad falls. I fell and broke my ankle once. But I don't even think that was as painful as this.

Of course, I didn't show it to them. That would give them the satisfaction, something I was determined not to give them. They may get to beat the crap out of me, hurt me, they could even break me, but I was determined to never show it to them. That would be admitting defeat, and I was a sore loser. It was stupid that I thought of it like that, but like I've said, I was a total idiot.

I stood up slowly as the door opened, my movements careful, trying not to hurt myself more than I had to. I was in my usual position, back pressed flat against the wall, by the time the door opened fully to reveal the two men. Only, they weren't alone.

Behind them was a girl. She looked to be my age, or slightly younger. There were tears streaming down her face, her eyes red and puffy as she sniffled every few seconds. She was shaking with fear as Drake had a hold of her arm. I knew all too well he didn't grip lightly.

My heart went out to the girl, knowing exactly how she was feeling. She looked terrified, and she had every right to be. I took a moment to observe her from my position against the wall. She was short, like me, but very skinny. Almost too skinny. She had long blonde hair, which was tied up in a ponytail. But what caught my attention the most was her eyes. They were some of the nicest eyes I had ever seen. Big, round, bright blue eyes, the brightest blue I had ever seen, were widened in fear, and staring right at me.

I stared back at her, not knowing what else to do. It's not exactly like I could say to her that it was ok, that she'd be ok, because I'd be lying through my teeth, and everyone would know that.

Drake broke our little staring game by clearing his throat and speaking.

"Thought you might be a bit bored down here, so we brought you a friend."

"What? You took someone else so I wouldn't be bored. What kind of sick pig are you?" I retorted. I couldn't believe he'd done that. It was bad enough that he'd taken one person, never mind another.

I saw the girl's eyes widen at my reply. She was obviously expecting me to be quiet and let them treat me how they wanted to. That's what most people tended to do, apparantly. Well, in all the books I'd read and films I'd seen, they never seemed to talk back.

Drake clearly had no control over his temper, because the minute I saw him roughly push the girl aside to Sam, I knew he had flipped. He came charging at me with his arm raised, his hand already clenched into a fist from anger.