Because I Love You

Nikki's POV:

I threw the car into park and slammed the door behind me. 2 hours later and I had finally reached the Lynch's. 2 hours later and I was more mad than I'd been when I left. I was ready for answers. For him to explain and not feed me bullshit.

At that moment, I honestly couldn't even explain to you what had made me so mad. The magazine? That was maybe more of jealousy than anything. The dream? But that was all my imagination. I think it was more of a feeling that something wasn't right-there was something that I didn't know. That was what made me so angry.

I pounded on the door. He opened a minute later. "Hey, Nik." He gave me a warm smile that made me feel sick immediately.

I threw the magazine at him and barged past him inside the house. "What the fuck is this?" He barely caught it against his chest, obviously taken aback.

He glanced at the cover and tossed it aside. "Dammit," he whispered under his breath.

He ran a hand through his hair and walked further into the living room, closer to where I was standing.

"What?" I challenged. "Did you not want me to see that?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"No, it's not that," he said, voice soft.

"Then what is it, Ross?" My tone grew harsher by the second.

"I didn't know how to tell you that-" He tried but I cut him off mid-sentence.

"Tell me what?" I was practically yelling. "That you have another girlfriend and that you're waiting for the right time to just get rid of me?" I though back to the dream I had and it all made sense.

"Nik, you don't understand," he pleaded.

"Please enlighten me," I said, words dripping with sarcasm.

He looked at the floor. "I don't really know how."

"Bullshit," I called him out. I started walking past him to the front door. "You know, I shouldn't have come here. It was a mistake to come here," I repeated. "I should've known that you would just try to trick me again."

"C'mon, Nik," he protested. "I'm not trying to trick you at all. Can we talk about this?"

I ignored his question though. Because ever since the dream I had just days ago, one question had been echoing through my head. It was time for an answer.

"Why me?" I spun on him. The words were out of my mouth before I could think twice. I was so close to walking out the door, but I wanted to know the answer. I needed to know the answer.

"What?" His expression softened.

"Why me, Ross?" my voice rose with every word. "What, did you just pick me out of the crowd that night? I mean, you could have any girl there, so it was just random, right? Or am i supposed to believe that it was fate that brought us together. That you and I are meant to be? Like soulmates?" I shook my head. "I doubt it." The words probably stung, but I couldn't keep them from spilling out of my mouth. The worst part was that I didn't even believe the words I was saying. 

"If you think you can just toy with my feelings like you've been doing, traveling around the world, making girls feel special the way you did with me, if you think that I will put up with anything-that I'm that desperate to be with a rock star like you that I will turn my cheek when your face is plastered on the front cover of every magazine in the city with a supermodel on your arm, and if you think you can spend an entire day alone with another girl and you will still have me around, don't hold your breath."