Let me fall for you

I climb back into my room through the pipes and I look at the clock to see that it is 3 a.m in the morning. And I don't even feel sleepy. I lie on my bed with my head facing the ceiling, with those stars of radium shining over me.

I smile at the thought of Nancy.

I keep thinking about her touch, the tingling sensation it sent through me when I kissed her, her hair, her fragrance and her lips. I hear my inner voice saying - I could kiss her all day if she would let me. I could look at her all day if the stars would be in favor. I love her.

••••••
"Juliiieeeee!!!!!!" My mom shouts, she must have damaged my tympanic membrane with such loudness, I am pretty sure.

I wake up startled to find my Mom looking over me.

"What?" I ask hastily.

"Where the hell were you last night?" She asks crossing her arms across her bosom.

"What do you mean? I told you I went to drop the kids." I try to sound casual, though the lump of fear in my throat starts building.

"Ahan? Why do you look like you have been up all night? Were you using that stupid internet all over again?"

'THANK GOD!!!! SHE DOESN'T KNOW.' I think to myself.

"If only there was a button to switch off this internet forever...." My mom continues in the background of my thoughts.

"So, why did you wake me up so early on a Sunday?" I ask cutting her off.

"I want you to help me with my job. Anna is already up. So, come on lazy bones. Get up and freshen up. Come downstairs, have your breakfast and let us get going." My mom says as if we were about to go on an adventure.

My mom owns a boutique. Not very big. Just a small one with a few trainees. She doesn't make much money. After Dad's death, Grandpa is the one who is funding for our studies in major. Mom is just chipping in some, since then. But I am proud of her. Because she has not given up untill this time.

"Okay. Okay." I say and I lazily move my ass off the bed to go to the bathroom.

Mom walks downstairs shouting Anna's name then.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
My cellphone goes.

Good morning. Hope you slept well. I cannot stop thinking about you. Can we meet tonight? For like a dinner? xoxo
Love, the best kisser. xP

My heart does something equal to plummeting. I smile, smile and I keep smiling. Even while brushing the teeth. What should I answer? I have to check with Mom. I take a quick shower and get into some casuals as soon as I can and I rush downstairs to talk to Mom.

"Hey, Mom. You look great!" I say with a hundred-toothed smile.

"What is going on?" My Mom asks with some drama, like she wants to show her suspicion.

"Nothing. Just complimenting you. Speaking the truth, Mom."

"Umm. That doesn't suit you, though." Mom adds her comeback.

I sit at the dining table and Mom serves the breakfast. And I go like -

" I was thinking how long will you be needing me for the work at your store?"

"Why do you ask? I myself don't know." Mom answers quickly.

"Toast or a sandwich, Ann?" She asks Anna.

"Give me anything. I am hungry Ma." Anna answers. She is 17 by the way and is going through teenage tragedies everyday, probably.

"Just asking Mom. I need to complete some assignments for tomorrow. I was thinking to go to Sahna's place tonight. Like, for a stay. So, what do you reckon? How long do you need me?" I ask with my fingers crossed under the table.

"Okay. You can go as soon as we finish. But I would like to talk to Sahna first." Mom says coolly. "I don't believe you and you know that, dear."

A huge dagger hits me in the chest. Or at least I feel like it did. I remember the last conversation I had with Sahna. She has not texted me after that.

"Sure, Mom. I will call her up in the evening, before we finish. Is that okay?" I ask my Mom casually.

"Okay." She says sitting down at the table to have her own breakfast.

Hey the best kisser on Planet Earth!
I cannot stop thinking about you too. I so want to meet you. We can meet tonight. I will call you before I leave. xoxo
Lots of love, Jules.

As soon as I text Nancy, I receive a text from Sahna.

Good morning. Just letting you know that I survived the zombie attack yesterday and I am alive with my flesh and bones intact.
-Sahi

"Stop using that thing on the table. It is so irritating. Stop it Julie!" My mom yells at me.

"Sure, Mom. I am done anyways." I get up from the table and walk to the living room. I land myself in the couch comfortably to get back to texting.

I was so worried bitch! I thought you will never talk to me after what I told you. And I need your help!!!! Got to tell you a lot of things. Call me.
-Jules.

I click on send and immediately, my phone starts ringing.

"Hello?" I say, with my Mom swearing at me in the background, something about the technology and how it has ruined the lives of kids. Blah blah. I walk upstairs to avoid my Mom overhearing the conversation.

"What's up? Are you okay?" Sahna says on the other end.

I tell her everything from the time she had cut the call last time till what had happened in the morning with Mum. I tell her about Ms. Khanna and her accident. I tell her about Nancy.

She goes like 'What?? That high school chic??" and "Nancy? The only one nice to you in school, right? You climbed out of the window for her??" and "Damn!!!! You kissed her!!!" interrupting me various times with exclamations of the same sort.

Finally, when I finish, she starts giggling. I start laughing too.

"So??"

" What so? Bitch! Ofcourse, I will talk to your mom. I have had too much info for the day. Brainstorming! Better I go sleep again. I will call you in the evening. I love you. Okay?"

"Yeah, sure. I love you too bitch! Bye." I say and I disconnect the call to go downstairs for the day's super adventure as my Mom calls it.

••••••••