The Date

"Mom! Please let me go. I will be back before 8. I promise." Anu cries.

"No! I already told you that you cannot go out tonight. I won't be here for the evening and you got to be here to look after Niki." Ms. Khanna reiterates.

"Argh! Why can't you be here for tonight? I really need to go." Anu yells at her Mom.

"That is it Anu!! I have spoiled you enough. Stop arguing with me. You need not worry about how important my evening is. Study and do something for yourself instead of arguing with your Mom." Ms. Khanna says swallowing her tears.

"Yeah whatever!" Anu says under her breath. But it was loud enough to be heard. And she marches towards her room upstairs throwing looks at her Mom.

Ms. Khanna wipes her tears away silently and gets out of the house locking it down and making sure everything is fine. She takes her car keys out of her sling bag and unlocks her car. She looks at herself in the mirror and sees a sophisticated mother dressed like a teenager with her Slipknot tee shirt and skinny fit jeans.

She starts the engine and drives ahead.
"Mart. Shopping. Restaurant. Meet Julie. Back home." She muttered.

She calls herself a bad driver because once she was about to hit a dog which came flying by from God knows where. India..! Though the country has its merits, it, hell a lot, needs development quickly.

She stops her car by the shopping mart, parks her vehicle and gets out of the car when she sees someone in the distance looking very familiar. All she could see was the balding head of a tall person which she could relate to that of her husband's. Her heart starts beating fast. She knows she is not ready to see him so soon. She will never be that ready to look at him back again. Her feelings start rushing all over again in her heart when he turns around with a smile on his face but holding someone else's hand helping her get in his car. Her heart starts hurting. She senses pain. A shooting pain all through those arteries and veins. She doesn't realise when her eyes start giving up and her tears flow down on her cheeks. She thinks of the days she had with him....

"Hey honey!" Sameer says kissing Pooja on her cheek hugging her from behind.

"Hello! Woke up so quick eh?" Pooja replies with a huge smile.

She loved it when Sameer used to do all those little things in romance like kissing her little finger before sleeping and hugging her from behind when she is cooking. All of it made her feel loved. Like some princess.

"Had to. Couldn't let my queen cook all alone." Sameer flirts back.

"Oh really?" Pooja pulls his one earlobe with her fingers, drags him close and kisses him on the lips passionately.

He kisses her back holding her waist tightly and moving his one hand on her back and pulls her even closer to kiss her even more. They kiss for more than a minute and slowly move away.

"That was one amazing kiss. How do you manage to be such a beautiful and amazing wife at the same time?" Sameer giggles.

"Pooja Khanna was born with some talents." Pooja replies with a mocking smirk.

It starts raining. The raindrops bring her back to her senses washing away her tears. She gets back in the car watching her ex-husband laughing and going away with some other woman.

Ms. Khanna drops her idea of going to the mart and drives her car to the restaurant where she is about to meet Julie, her student in an hour. She knows its early but she doesn't give any thought about it and just lets her car accelerate towards her destination. All she wants now is to get away from this place where she stood crying looking at someone she never wanted to look at.