•fourteen

"When I look at everything that I've ever lost I know that your the one thing that I regret losing more than anything else."

•lucas

She opened her apartment door and looked at me the same way she did when we were together.

"Is is really you?" Maya asked.

She looked surprised to see me, but happy that I was there in front of her.

"It really is me," I said, giving her a smile.

We looked at each other for a few seconds really taking in the moment.

"I really missed you. My roommate bought me a plane ticket as a surprise and now I'm here."

"What are you doing here Lucas?"

"I came back to be with you, because I'm in love with you and I can't be without you."

And then she laughed. It wasn't a laugh, because she was happy to see me, instead a laugh like she was laughing at me.

"You actually think you have a chance with me. I'm Maya Hart I don't give second chances to anyone," She laughed again.

"But I risking everything to come here and tell you that I'm still in love with you," I said.

She kept an evil grin on her face as I kept trying to talk to her.

"If you'll just let me explain myself about why I left, I know things can go back to normal."

"Lucas I don't want to hear any of it. It's not like I actually loved you anyway."

Everything stopped in that moment.

My heart beats slowed down and I felt everything start to spin.

"I've come to realise that you were just a rebound to help me get over Josh. It worked so thank you."

"That can't be true. Maya I know that when we were together something between us was real."

"Maybe for you it was, but trust me I would never date a guy like you unless I needed a rebound."

What the heck was wrong? This isn't the Maya that I know. This can't be the Maya that just spent five months in rehab.

"I refuse to believe any of this," I firmly stated.

Maya rolled her eyes, "You can believe what ever you want, but I've got to go out with some friend soon. Goodbye."

And then she slammed the door right in my face.

I wanted to punch something, but instead I just started crying. I started crying until I heard a voice and then someone shaking me.

"Sir, Sir, Sir!" Someone said.

The voice got louder.

"Sir! It's time to wake up your in California."

I jolted awake. I looked around to figure out where I was, I was on the plane.

It was just a dream. I had a bad dream.

I stood up and grabbed my bags.

"Looked like you were having a bad dream," the flight attendant said, "You wouldn't stop shaking and saying random things."

"I...I don't sleep talk," I mumbled.

"Well you did today," She laughed.

I haven't talked in my sleep since Quinn left. One time I said cat in my sleep to Maya, but that was it.

A nightmare with sleep talking.

-

Lucas had a strange nightmare. Hopefully his real encounter with Maya will go better than his nightmare.