12:00

Chapter 12

[joonmyun's pov]

It's 5 hours before it reached 12 midnight; the sky above shows sparkling stars above us.

"kyungsoo-ah! will you grill the meats?" I called out kyungsoo who's probably lying. He stood up grabbing a plastic containing porks in it.
"kyungsoo-ah! wait for me!" jongdae, from sitting; playing his phone, went up on running towards do kyungsoo.
"where are you going jongdae-ssi?" I called him out before he could go; he looked back and smiled showing his teeth on.
"I want to help grill the meat." He stopped to answer and looked at my eyes. Letting him help may decrease the time spent to grill.
"oh, okay." So, I let them go and cheered up on them.

Persons who's left helped make an alternative dish. Chanyeol who'd been in charge the kitchen, started to make a soup(doenjang). Yixing helped us—minseok and myself—cut the vegetables thin as flakes while yifan who'd just woke up, rolled his way over here.

"excuse me," yifan started looking for attention but no one seemed to care for his existance.
"ex-cuse me." he tried once again and the kindest, zhang yixing, smiled at him.
"we're pretty busy. What do you plan to do?" I spoke with him loudly with full confidence. literally he's older but still I don't care.
"I wanted to help you. What should I do?" in his hand he holds a knife wanting him to cut the onions to make him cry.
"cut the onions." I ordered him to follow as I saw his face with a hint of smirk.
"you said you wanted me to cut the onions then you must really want to see me cry." you have no idea HA HA HA ~

I continued cutting the weeds—vegetables—as I finished them in 3 minutes. I went to wash my hands and looked around to check what the others are doing.

In the moment, I left minseok, chanyeol, yifan and yixing in the kitchen. I looked out the window and saw jongdae and kyungsoo grilling the meet—somehow I saw it burnt from this view—In the living room, I saw luhan and zitao on each ends of the couch: the younger was watching as the older is texting(probably, sehun). Sehun's also in his phone as he's with jongin eating biscuit flavoured choco.

As I thought i've seen everyone, it felt like I didn't. 'there is someone missing', that's what my heart said. Could it be minseok? But he's with chanyeol in the kitchen with lay and kris. zitao's watching as luhan and sehun are texting(each other, I assumed). Jongdae and kyungsoo's out to grill as jongin is eating chocolate cookies, the person left is, 'byun baekhyun'.

BAEKYHUN! Where's baekhyun?!

. . . .

[baekhyun's pov]

The impact of the wind seemed to clog the pores of my skin. The time felt too slow as when im running out to breathe. Room is too compact feeling the hours of my life breached it's ending.

"baekhyun!" I slowly turned my head seeing joonmyun hyung standing. The door's slightly opened as I heard him hardly breathing. He seemed to be too tired as when I saw sweats dropping. I looked into his eyes and knew he's out there searching. I couldn't feel my knees but I carefully stood up to see him.
"joon-myun-ie."

. . . .

[joonmyun's pov]

"joon-myun-ie." he called out like that looking very weak. He stood up so slow as if them vines prohibits him.

joonmyunie's hardly been heard to call as my name. it feels quite amusing yet sad by rememb'ring pain.

"what the hell are you doing here?!" i approached with anger feeling my knees numb as I looked for him.
"suddenly, I felt the urge to rest and sleep." His voice cracked open yet flashed a smile in me.
"what the fuck! You made me worry!" it made my nerves explode up in irritation but I looked into his eyes and felt critically unstable. He didn't answered back as I expected him to do. it felt like something's wrong wanting me to know it too.