Chapter 1

*Annabelle's pov*
Red... all I can see is red. All I can hear is sirens... and someone calling my name. "Annabelle!" Someone shakes me and I try to understand the words being spoken. "You have to go with Dad" I hear as I see my dad being carried into an ambulance. I somehow manage to follow the medics and get in the ambulance. He's laying there, his face pale, his body losing life. "Dad I...I..." I can't finish my sentence. "Annabelle..." he calls my name. I bury my face in his chest and sob. "Hang on, we're getting to the hospital." I say as I wipe my tears away. "I love you so much" he utters with his last breaths. "I love you too Daddy" I say as his eyes close and he fades away.
--
"NOO!!!" I jolt upright from my nightmare, drenched in sweat. I sit up and start to cry. Daddy, I miss you.
*Aylin pov*
I knock on Anabelle's door and there's no answer, so I walk in. Annabelle is asleep, clutching a frame of Dad. She looks so vulnerable... She must have been having nightmares again. I walk up to her bed and take the picture from her arms. It's her and Dad on vacation 2 years ago. I put the frame back on the nightstand as she wakes up. She mumbles "Good morning" and gets out of bed. I get up and walk to the door. "Hurry up, you're going to be late for school."