Part 10

I awoke the next morning to the sound of the alarm owl that woke everyone up. The brisk fall wind blew in through the window it entered through. I remembered that today was a Thursday, but not just any Thursday. It was the Thursday before Halloween.

I pulled myself out of bed and fumbled around for some clothes. I heard some one yell, "Look, it's the girl who lived!" Rolling my eyes, I pulled on my robes and brushed out my hair.

I met Beth and Mark in the Great Hall. After I explained what happened, Beth poured me some orange juice and told me to sit down for breakfast. As soon as I shoved some toast in my mouth, horrific singing erupted from under the table.

I peered under to find Rebecca Black sitting criss-cross-applesauce under the table in Gryffindor robes. "NOT AGAIN!" Beth moaned. She pulled an empty pan off the table and hit Rebecca in the head again.

"What's up with her?" I asked.

"It was found out by the Ministry of Magic that she's a witch. Dumbledore offered her a spot here and she hasn't quit singing 'Friday' ever since you left. People have started saying they'd trade her for you back any day. Now we have both of you!" she groaned.

"Geez," I said, looking under the table again.

Dumbledore's voice echoed through the hall. "Students and teachers! I would like to make a very important announcement. This year for Halloween, we will be having an annual Hogwarts Halloween Bash here in the Great Hall. There will be food, games, and of course, karaoke."

The students applauded and gave shouts of approval. "In addition," Dumbledore continued, "Two very famous music artists from the muggle world will be joining us. Please welcome Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black!"

The whole hall was silent except for Snape, who jumped out of his seat, squealing. "OMG. JUSTIN BIEBER AND REBECCA BLACK! OMG OMG OMG OMG I HAVE TO CALL VOLDIE ABOUT THIS. AND BELLA WILL BE SOOO UBER EXCITED TOO!" He jumped up and down, clapping rapidly. "THIS IS SO FABULOUS!"

Every student and teacher was staring at him with huge eyes. Snape soon realized what he had done and stopped abruptly. He pushed some hair out of his face and sat back down.

"Anyway," Dumbledore turned back to the Great Hall. "Stay excited."

Kids resumed to their breakfasts, talking excitedly about the Halloween Bash. I looked under the table nervously. "I have to sing with her?"

***

I didn't bother practicing with Rebecca. I was pretty sure they'd just put me up on the stage and have me sing Baby. So instead, I went lurking around the castle. I was almost killed by a Hufflepuff, so I decided to stay in my common room until it was time for the bash.

The Great Hall looked like the Adams Family threw up on it. There was food every which way, along with floating candles, scary-looking zombie decorations, elevated pumpkins, and ghosts flying everywhere.

After finding Mark and pigging out on jelly beans, McGonagall pulled me away from the party. She led me up four steps and handed me a microphone. After she pushed me out onto the stage, I realized that I was standing where the teachers always ate during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, except all the tables had been cleared.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black!" a random voice announced.

Bubbly pop music spilled out of invisible speakers. "7am wakin' up in the mornin, gotta be fresh gotta go downstairs. Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal, seein' everything the time is going takin' on and on everybody's rushin'..." Rebecca began to sing.

I rolled my eyes and sat with my hand on my hip Students began covering their ears and booing. Then, the music changed. I noticed that Baby was echoing off the walls of the Great Hall. So, I did my sexy Bieber thing.

"I know you love me, I know you care, just shout whenever, and I'll be there. You want my love, you want my heart, and we will never ever ever be apart. Are we an item? Girl quit playin'. We're just friends? What are you sayin?" I began to sing. People began screaming in pain.

The music changed back to Friday. "It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday. Everybody's lookin forward to the weekend," Rebecca sang the chorus of her song.

Someone fainted. The music changed to Baby. Quickly, I began belting out, "Baby, baby, baby, oooooh like, baby, baby, baby, baby, nooooo like..." The crowd seemed to like me a tad bit more.

Rebecca Black pushed in front of me and started singing Friday, even though Baby was still playing. I shoved her over and continued to sing. She hip bumped me back. I looked at her and said, "BITCH. THIS IS MY SONG," giving her the finger wag. I then proceeded to push her off the stage.

The crowd screamed in approval. "Baby, baby, baby, oooooh like, baby, baby, baby, baby, nooooo like, baby, baby, baby, baby, oooooh, thought you'd always be mine, mine."

It was time for Ludacris to come up and rap. But so far, I'd seen no Ludacris. I braced myself, waiting for what would happen when that part came on.

"When I was 13, I had my first love. There was nobody that compared to my baby and nobody came between us no one ever came above," a british voice started rapping from the opposite side of the stage.

My brown eyes flickered over to source of the voice. To my horror, Snape was rapping out Baby into the microphone in a suit that looked like one of the ones Michael Jackson wore on tour, you know, with the sparkly glove.

"She had me goin' crazy, oh I was starstruck. She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks. She made my heart pound, and skip a beat when I see her on the street and..." Snape finished off the rap. The students looked at him again with huge eyes and pale faces.

I shrugged and continued. "And I was like, BABY, BABY, BABY, OOOOOOOOHHHH LIKE, BABY, BABY, BABY, NOOOOOOOOO LIKE, BABY BABY BABY OOOOOOOOOOH LIKE, THOUGHT YOU'D ALWAYS BE MIIII-IIIIIIINE."

The crowd began to jump for me. Snape dueted with me on the last section of the chorus, which was really creepy. At the end, everyone applauded and I bowed.

"YOU SUCK!" Goyle threw pumpkin guts at me. So did several other Slytherins.

But I didn't care. Now it was time for karaoke.