Chapter 31

It's been a month since Jack's accident. The doctors told us he wasn't going to make it but somehow he woke up. He is still in the hospital a month later but is making a slow recovery.

Sam and I are back in New Jersey now and everything should be okay. I mean I'm starting to get over my grieving period of my father. Don't get me wrong I still miss him every single second of every day but the constant pain in my chest has subsided slightly. Jack's going to be okay and I was able to see him and talk to him.

Sam is trying so hard to keep me happy. I appreciate his efforts but things like this take time. Lots of time. I'm still not even near being okay. He's become more of my babysitter than my boyfriend and things just aren't the same.

I laid in the dark bedroom of my empty house. No tv on, no phone around me, no music. Just laying there wide awake.

"Babe?" I heard a soft voice from the door.

"I'm awake." I whispered.

He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me. My dried out and bloodshot eyes met his.

"Let's go out tonight, have a date night or something" He said rested his hand on my leg.

"I don't know Sam I'm not really in the mood tonight"

"You're never in the mood" He mumbled under his breath.

I sat up and squinted my eyes at him.

"So leave" I snapped.

"Ronnie I'm not leaving. I'm sorry I didn't mean that it's just I'm really trying here."

"No one asked you to Sam. You're supposed to be my boyfriend not my fucking mental patient nurse"

He sat there looking hurt.

"I just wanted to help you. I hate seeing you like this. I miss the old Ronnie, the carefree, confident, Ronnie"

"She's fucking gone Sam." I said laying back down getting more pissed by the moment. I closed my eyes and counted to ten, something my therapist told me to do when I felt the anger coming on. I knew if this conversation continued I would do something I would regret.

"I'm taking you out tonight." He said

That's it.

"NO! I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO GO OUT. I'm fucking miserable right now. YOU'RE SUFFOCATING ME!"

I was screaming now. I lost control. There's no saying what will come out of my mouth now.

"I fucking do everything for you Ronnie, don't you see that? I fucking moved across the damn country be with you." He was pissed. I haven't seen him this pissed I don't think ever in my life. What have I done.

"I left everything in LA, my family, my friends, my job to come here and fucking FIX YOUR ISSUES!"

I sat there shocked at the words that just came out of his mouth. He's really using my disease against my right now.

"So that's all this was to you? I was just some broken girl you had to come 'fix'?"

"Ronnie thats not what I mean-"

"FUCK YOU!" I screamed standing up and pushing him in the chest.

"I don't need you're fucking help Sam. I'M DONE BEING YOUR LITTLE CHARITY CASE!" I was pushing him backwards with every single word I said.

Fear and worry flashed in his eyes as he realized what he had just done. Truth is I didn't want to act this way. He set me off. I can't control myself once I get like this.

"Get the fuck out of my house Sam. Go back to LA for all I fucking care. I never want to see you AGAIN!"

Tears were pouring down my face now.

"Ronnie don't do this, please" He pleaded and I was reminded of the first time I ended things with Sam. The morning I realized I was in love with him.

"I'm serious, I'm done. Get out" I said lowly looking him straight in the eyes with tears filling mine.

He reached out for me but I backed away and shook my head in disbelief that this was happening.

"Goodbye Sam." I finished shutting the door in his face and ultimately broke down sobbing on the floor.

What have I done to myself?

------------------------------------------

A/N: Im thinking of ending this book in a few chapters... sadly. I don't want to end it so maybe as i continue updating ill think of some new drama to throw in here to make it longer but we are coming to the end of what i had planned for this book so we will see. Also we hit 8k on here which is insane and I can't believe you guys are actually enjoying my writing. Make sure to keep voting and commenting you have no idea how much it means to me <3