Chapter 27

"How have you been?" I asked Sam as we walked through the lightly lit up park. Today was one of the hardest days of my life. Having to say goodbye to my best friend. Sam being here means everything to me. 

"Besides having my heart broken again I've been okay" He said giving me a weak smile that broke my heart. 

"Sam... I'm sorry. You have to understand why I had to leave though."

"Of course I understand Ronnie.. What I don't understand is how you could just leave without telling me."

"It was too hard Sam, how was I supposed to tell you that after the night we had. I never expected that to happen. I expected to get closure with you but instead got the opposite."

We sat down on a bench and I could feel his gaze on me but I couldn't look into those eyes. 

"Why can't you just admit we're meant to be together?" He asked intertwining our fingers. 

"Sam" I said finally locking stares with him. 

"We're toxic together. Everything about us is not normal. I'm damaged."

"Let me fix you" He whispered as his face came inches from mine. My breath hitched and in that moment he was all I wanted. 

"Please" I looked up into his eyes as I pleaded for his touch. 

He brushed his lips against mine before connecting them so passionately it was like every pain I had felt in the past year was gone. 

After what seemed like a lifetime he pulled away. 

"Can I have you back?" He asked as his thumb brushed the side of my cheek. 

"Yes" I whispered back and reconnected our lips. 

+

Sam and I spent the whole night walking in the park. Talking about everything. Mostly stories and happy memories of my dad. He made everything better, for now at least. I'm a work in progress. But I'm willing to let him in again. I'm done pushing everyone I love away because of my own issues. I'm done hurting the ones I care about. 

"So what does this mean? What's gunna happen now?" I asked as we stood outside of his car in my driveway. 

"We take things one day at a time. You let me help you. Let me love you every day like I have never stopped. Let me be there for you through everything. It's gunna take effort and time but I'm willing to do that for you." He grabbed my hips and pulled me into his body.

"I love you" I whispered to him. My words just hung there as we stared into each others eyes under the moonlight. 

After a few seconds a smile appeared on his face. 

"What?" I asked 

"That's the first time you've admitted it to me" He smirked and I shook my head and connected our lips. 

I felt him smiling through the kiss making me mirror his actions. He lifted me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me into my house as we quietly made it upstairs to my room. 

He sat down on my bed and I straddled him never once breaking the kiss. He started leaving kisses down my jawline and onto my neck. Each kiss becoming more aggressive and hungry for my body. 

"mmm S-Sam" I stuttered out at the pleasure he was giving me. 

His hands roamed my body and I've never wanted someones touch more in my life. 

"Sam stop" I whimpered out and he pulled away quickly. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, I wanted you to. I want you more than anything right now..."

"So..." He waited for me to finish.

"It just doesn't feel right... you know after today and everything that's happened" I said thinking back to burying my father and tears started forming again.

"I'm sorry baby we don't have to. Come here" He said planting a soft kiss on my forehead and pulling me into the warmest embrace ever. 

We laid back on the bed and I nuzzled my head into his chest as he traced circles on my back.

A comfortable silence filled the room as I listened to his heartbeat. 

"I love you Sam" I repeated again feeling the need to make up for all the times I didn't say it before. 

His hand came up and played with my hair as I heard his heartbeat increase at my words. 

"I love you too"

"You're heartbeat got faster when I said it" I smiled and looked up at him. 

"You just have that effect on me" He smiled down at me and that look was everything I wanted since I left him. I kissed his chest and slowly drifted into the best sleep I've had in over a year.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: oh shiiitttt sammy and Ronnie are back together! Thank you guys so much for getting this to 7k reads like that is absolutely crazy to me. I love each and everyone of you and your votes and comments make my day! Also Im starting a new Sammy Fanfic called Spring Break AND a new Nate Fanfic called Stay High.... Super excited about it and hope you guys are too they will be up sometime this week! Love youuuu<3