Chapter 32

It's been two years. Two years since I've seen or talked to Sam. Two years since I pushed the love of my life right out my front door. Two years since I've been back in treatment. And two years since I've spoken to my family. 

"Hey babe" John said to me as he entered my room. John and I met in treatment. He's been here for me since I've had no one else. We've helped each other in here. At some point in our friendship, it became more than that and we just celebrated our one year anniversary. 

I'm happy with John. He gets me. He gets my issues and knows how to handle me when I'm having lows. He makes me feel beautiful and he makes me smile so what else could I ask for?

"Hi" I responded giving him a quick peck on the lips as I packed my bags.

"I can't believe you're being released today and leaving me" He said sadly.

I turned to him as he placed his hands on my waist.

"I'm not leaving you babe. I'm just moving on from this place" I said smiling and reconnecting our lips. "I'll always visit you, it'll be like nothing has even changed I promise" I said turning around and zipping up my bag. 

"I gotta go my cab is waiting outside." I said giving him a sympathetic look as he sat on my bed looking upset. 

"I love you and I'll text you when I get to the hotel okay?" He stood up and grabbed my face reconnecting our lips like it would be the last time he would ever be able to. 

I pulled away and smiled at him.

"I love you Ronnie" He said as I left him standing in my now empty room in the treatment center. 

I got into my cab and was filled with a bittersweet feeling. I'm so happy to get a new start at life. I'm really so much better now. I'm excited to see what the future holds for me. I'm excited to buy my own apartment and find a good job. 

But I'm sad that I'm leaving John. I won't be a 3 second walk down the hall from him anymore. I can't sleep next to him every night anymore. I'm not ready to feel so alone yet. 

I opened the door to my hotel room and sat on the bed taking in the silence. A sudden feeling of homesickness washed over me. Which is a weird feeling considering I didn't really have a home anymore. I missed him. 

I missed his touch, kiss, the way he could give me butterflies just by walking in the room. I miss his unconditional love for me even when I was so broken. 

I picked up my phone and dialed without thinking. 

The phone rang 3 times when suddenly it stopped.

"Hello?" I heard his voice through the other end of the phone. My breath hitched and my stomach twisted. I immediately hung up the phone. 

I sat there breathless and starting to sweat as a tear rolled down my face. I haven't heard Sam's voice in two years and just the sound of it brought back so many emotions. Happiness, curiosity, sadness, anger. 

I took my phone back into my hands and dialed John's number.

"Ronnie?" He answered almost right away and I was instantly relaxed by his voice. 

"Hi baby" I said but my voice cracked in the middle.

"What's wrong babe? Are you okay?"

"Yeah I just miss you that's all" I answered wiping the tears that managed to fall.

"Awe babe I'll see you tomorrow okay? Everything will be okay" He reassured me. 

We talked on the phone until I eventually fell asleep. 

+

Three months have passed since I got released from treatment and things are going so good for me. I have an amazing job at a record label and am living in my own apartment. John and I are going strong and he actually gets released from treatment next week. 

He's planning on moving in with me so we can start our life together. Oh yeah did I mention I live in NYC now? Yeah I'm in love with it. The fast paced city life is definitely the lifestyle I need. It keeps my mind from traveling to those dark places. 

I still think about Sam occasionally. But who wouldn't. He changed my life in so many ways. I hate myself everyday for how things ended between us. I would give anything to just know how he's doing. 

Jack and I have kept in touch but he doesn't hang out with Sam anymore due to the fact that he moved back to Omaha. 

The only thing I want is for him to be happy. I hope he is. 

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Awe i totally ship Sonnie so this chapter upsets me. Will Ronnie ever see Sam again? What do you guys think? Vote and comment... also tell me who my next fanfic should be about!! <3