Chapter 33

John and I have been living together for 5 months now. Everything is going so great for us. Our recovery is on track. We both love the city and have great paying jobs. I'm finally happy.

I pulled down my skin tight black dress as I looked at myself in the mirror. For the first time in 4 years I actually liked what I saw. Sure I'll never be completely satisfied with my body, but right now is the closest I've ever been to self acceptance. I've been keeping weight off in healthy ways and found a love in working out.

John keeps me on track and I keep him on track with his AA meetings. We're perfect for each other.

I just finished my makeup and slipped on my nude heels.

"Ready?" I said walking down the stairs to our New York City apartment.

"Wow" John replied staring at me as I walked towards him. "You look absolutely beautiful" he said connecting our lips.

"You clean up pretty well yourself" I smiled up at him.

He grabbed his keys and led me out the door. We made our way down the crowded city streets since we didn't have a car. There was no use having a car in the city. We just take the subway everywhere.

Tonight was John and I's two year anniversary. He was taking me to a nice restaurant but wouldn't tell me where.

"Are we almost there babe, I am wearing 6 inch heels you know!" I said holding onto his arm.

"Actually we're here now!" He said stopping in front of La Belle, the nicest and one of the most expensive five star restaurants in the city.

"John, you're kidding right" I chuckled at him.

"Nope come on" He said leading me into the restaurant where basically only A-list celebrities ate at.

My jaw dropped as we sat down in our reserved booth.

"John I can't believe you. This is amazing. And way too much I can't let you pay for this"

"Ronnie, I love you. Just let me spoil you tonight, please?" He said with a pout on his face.

"Okay. I love you too" I said leaning in the booth and kissing his cheek.

We ordered our food and talked about all of the good memories we've shared in the past two years, a lot of funny ones about how we used to sneak out at night while we were in treatment to go for walks.

"Here's your champagne Ms." The waitress said putting down an empty glass in front of me holding the bottle above to pour the liquid in.

"Oh sorry, I didn't order" Suddenly I noticed something in the bottom of the glass that she was about to pour the champagne in.

I looked over at John and he was kneeling down on one knee.

I gasped as tears started filling my eyes.

He reached up and grabbed the empty glass tipping over in his hand to get the ring inside of it.

"Ronnie, You are my world, my everything. I'm so glad I went to treatment to better myself, because it brought me to you. You honestly are the only thing that cured me. You're my angel. I want nothing more but to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I burst into tears and viscously nodded my head.

"Yes!" I choked out as the restaurant began to clap.

He stood up and pulled me into the most passionate kiss I have ever felt. Happy tears still fell down my face.

"I love you!" I wrapped my arms around him and he slid the ring onto my ring finger and god was it beautiful... and huge. I pulled my hand away from me and admired it.

+

Two days later I decided to go for a walk to get a few things at the store a few blocks away. I have never walked with my head held so high in my life. Everything is finally working out. Everything is finally starting to be okay. I'm getting married to my love. My rock. My world.

I was wearing my white tank top with ripped jeans and my hair up in a top knot (Pic above). I had my aviators on as I carried my 3 bags of clothes on one arm on my way home. I passed by my favorite cafe that's about a two minute walk away from my apartment and decided I was in dire need of a coffee so I stopped in taking off my sunglasses and waiting in line.

"Hi, can I get a medium mocha latte with cream and one sugar please?" I said smiling at the barista. She nodded as I paid for my drink and waited for it to be made.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror-like wall behind the counter and saw a tall figure standing behind me. I squinted my eyes to look closer and saw someone I never thought I would see again.

It couldn't be him. No I'm obviously hallucinating. I mean he definitely looks different its been 3 years. Why would he be in the city. No it can't be.

"Ronnie!" The barista yelled and I cringed wanting to stay incognito. I pursed my lips and politely smiled at her as I took the drink from her hands.

"Thanks" I said turning around to run out of the place but I failed due to the tall figure standing right behind me when I turned around.

"Ronnie?" He asked looking into me eyes. I couldn't read his face, I don't know if he was happy to see me or angry.

"Hi Sam" I said quietly looking down.

"I can't believe this" he said in shock kind of laughing at the whole situation. I guess that lightened the mood.

"Yeah small world right?" I awkwardly chuckled.

"How are you? You look great" He said with the smile that I fell in love with years ago.

"I'm good. Really good. How have you been?"

"Great actually. Things are going really well for me" He said never once breaking eye contact.

"I'm glad. It's been too long Sam. I'm sorry for how things ended between us." I said as calmly as I could.

"It's in the past Ronnie. I'm just glad you're healthy and better now" He said giving me a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his body taking in his scent that hasn't changed. Just his smell brought back so many memories.

"I really just want you to know that though. I'm truly sorry. You didn't deserve that."

"I forgive you Ronnie. I forgave you a long time ago."

I pulled away and stared into his eyes as he mirrored my actions. We stood there looking at each other just taking each other in for what seemed like 20 minutes before I knew it he was leaning in and so was I.

"Babe? Who's this?" I hear a voice snapping both of us out of our trace.

"O-oh Yeah, Tiff, this is Ronnie, Ronnie this is my girlfriend Tiffany" He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and I couldn't deny the feeling of my heart dropping into my stomach.

------------------------------------------

A/N: So i completely changed the ending of what i had originally planned to keep this story going for a few extra chapters than originally cuz i love writing it! Keep commenting, you have no idea how much it makes my day :)

Also Comment if you guys are writing any fanfics, i wanna read them if you are. And make sure to check out my other books i have like 6 others and am in the works of starting another Sammy fanfic cuz he's daddy af.

Love you lovebugs<3