[51] Aren't You Somethin' To Admire?

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Man, this is one overflowing table," Ashley mumbled to herself as she tried to ease out the plastic bottle from in between the jumbled mess of food and plastic.

"It is, isn't it?"

Ashley looked up in surprise, looking around for the source of that rather sexy voice. 'Sexy voice. Hot guy,' she thought as she spotted a blond haired guy sitting a couple of metres away to her right.

"I didn't know I'd been loud enough to be heard over the loud music a couple of metres away," she replied with a smile. She knew that she was flirting with a person whom she set her eyes on for the first time hardly a couple of moments back. 'But since Zac told me he's into someone else, what's the point in waiting for him?' she thought before she turned her attention back towards the blond and threw him a dazzling smile.

The blond laughed. "Hi, I'm Dean," he said as he got off the barstool and sauntered up to Ashley. "You are?"

"Ashley."

"Right. Ashley, d'you wanna have a dance?"

"In a while, maybe," the brunette replied as she poured herself a glassful of coke. "I'm really parched and I've to go talk to Sean and Gabriella about something."

Dean nodded. "Okay beautiful. I'll see you in a bit."

Ashley raised her eyebrow at his upfront behavior. "Okay then," she said skeptically. "Bye," she muttered quickly before grabbing her glass and nearly running in the direction of where Sean and Gabriella were. Right then, the brunette made up her mind to stay away from Dean because he gave her the creeps, for some reason. 'Pick out a guy to flirt with and her turns out to be a major, shameless and upfront flirt. How nice,' she thought with an eyeroll. As soon as she spotted Sean and Gabriella at one end of the dance floor with a couple of more people, Ashley hurried towards them meaning to get as far as possible from Dean. Nothing pissed her off more than guys being really upfront.

Somehow, she had a bad feeling about him.

"Taylor, everybody can dance!" Ashley heard Gabriella exclaim as she near them.

Taylor bit her lip as the few people around them made agreeing noises. "No, no, no," she said vehemently. "I can't dance to save my life."

"Yes, you can," a ginger haired boy spoke up and he gently grabbed her hand. "Come on, you're dancing with me."

As Ashley reached the crowd, she saw Taylor sigh heavily and gave in to Blake.

"Fine," she muttered. "But if I make a fool out of myself in front of everybody,  you're dead."

"I can live with that," Blake replied with a chuckle. "Let's go."

Less than a couple of minutes later, a crowd of about ten people out of the party of fifty gathered around the dancefloor around Blake and Taylor, cheering as Blake taught her the easiest moves of Salsa. At least, he tried to teach her before she toppled backwards, into Seth's arms.

Gabriella stepped forward and helped her up as everybody else around laughed lightly. "That was a little tough. Let's go for something easier," she suggested to a beet red Taylor.

Blake backed off as Gabriella took his place in the centre of the circle along with Taylor. As she had promised, Gabriella stuck to the easy dance moves and before she knew it, the girl who thought she couldn't dance was pulling off dance moves in a pretty decent style.

"Hey Taylor, try this," Seth suggested before he stepped into the circle and displayed a couple of impressive breakdance moves.

"Hey!" Taylor exclaimed indignantly. "Are you crazy thinking I can do that?" she asked.