'I'm sorry,'he whispered as his hand curled into hers. Sensing that he needed a more affectionate contact, she wrapped her arms around him tightly. He responded by pulling her even closer to him so much so that she was half on and half off his lap. Stroking his shoulder, she waited for him to continue.

'I'm sorry for being a bad boyfriend. And a horrible father. I can't protect my babies. All the money in the world can't help keep them from harm. Why work soo hard for it if I can't keep them safe? And, now, I'm hurting you. I don't blame you if you hate me and want to leave me.'

'I don't blame you,'she finally said. It took a while to process his words but she found his uncertainty, perversely, all the more appealing. Maybe it was because he'd always been the strong capable one. Or maybe she was just a sadist. Hoping to reassure him, she continued. 'As you've said, there's no proof of her unsuitability as a parent but I'm sure you'll find something. Someway. Somehow. You're stubborn and tenacious. That's how you got to where you are now.'

'Y-you don't?'he asked, hope shining in his eyes. Shaking her head, she laughed softly when he pressed a kiss onto her forehead.

'Of course not. We both know what a slippery eel that woman is. We just have to dig deeper and harder to get our babies out of their clutches,'she stated, determination ringing in her voice. 'How about we shelve this for now and enjoy a night out with your cousins? We don't have to forget about them but we don't have to bang our heads against a brickwall either. Who knows? Maybe we'll find another avenue to explore during the auction?'

Wiping away the lone tear that escaped, April remained in that position for the rest of the ride. They still didn't have a plan. And they couldn't see the light at the end to the tunnel. But she felt they'd passed a hurdle in their relationship. A huge one.

------------@@@@---------

Jason looked around the crowded room, anxiously looking for his girlfriend. And smiled when he spotted her laughing with Sharon. He felt slightly embarrassed for breaking down in front of her but knew it had strengthened their bond. There was a air about her that told him she had more confidence in him. In them. And that brought an inner peace in him. About her. His children. Basically, regarding everything in his life. It made him feel everything was going to be alright.

'Hey, how are you?'Cameron said as he stepped beside him. Everyone in the family knew he hadn't been able to prevent Carrie from exercising her right. And it rankled. Soo much. He'd always been the one who had his life together and for his life to fall apart in the public eye, it felt like he failed.

But his family had been nothing but supportive and he'd been able to let his discomfort and anger go. Grimacing, he just shook his head and drained the wine. Cameron clapped his back in support and changed the topic.

'Have you seen any of the people being auctioned later on?'

Sending him a raised eyebrow, Jason's eyes moved from his cousin to his girlfriend and back. 'Do I really want anyone who is willing to participate in this when I have April? Anyone else pales in comparison,'he espoused passionately, making Cameron laugh. Realising how pompous he sounded, he joined his cousin. 'I'm sorry. Just the thought of looking sounds like cheating. And our relationship's still too new to survive that accusation.'

'I don't know. You guys have gone through more than what Sharon and I went through in the same period. If push come to shove, I think you guys can survive through anything,'Cameron said. Feeling bashful in the face of such confidence, Jason masked it by shoving his cousin's shoulder playfully.

'You're waxing poetics. And your grammar is the most proper I've heard in awhile. Maybe there is some benefit to your punishment,'he teased, making his cousin shush him while looking around.

'Don't say that. That'll only encourage Sharon to give more difficult and lengthier books,'he whined.

'Don't you want that?' Suddenly seeing a close friend signalling for his attention from across the room, he excused himself. Curiosity piqued when his friend entered a deserted hallway and then an alcove, he made sure no one was paying attention to him and unobstructedly entered behind his friend.

'Don't tell anyone I told you this,'his friend began softly the moment they knew no one was following. Still clueless, he nonetheless nodded. 'I've been hearing some whispers that you're planning to buy over the tech company.'

Jason didn't have to clarify. There's only one company he was interested in at thus point of time and the plan was still in the preliminary stages, only the executives privy of the information. Said company didn't even know he was interested in them. How did anyone get a hand on it?

Nodding in the face of his stupefaction, his friend slipped out. Jason barely noticed his disappearance. This was an indication of a serious breach. He could barely wrap his head around it.

How was he going to do any work if he couldn't trust anyone in his company? He had to find the mole. And fast. Because if he trusted the wrong person, it would be a costly mistake. Very costly.

AN: Hi guys. As promised, here's another chapter. And, again, DON'T KILL ME!! I have a plan. Maybe you'll like it. Maybe not. But it's a plan. Plus, my book, my storyline.

Admittedly, this chapter is kind of anticlimatic, with regards to the previous one but... PLAN.

Anyways, if you want a faster update, you know what to do. (200 votes) I was kind of surprised at how fast it took. Seriously, it was less than 24 hrs. Which is both good and bad.

Good because I have been dying to share this. Bad because I'm not a fast writer. My mind can go 20 different directions but often, my fingers cannot type what I want. And i get distracted easily. So once the next four chapters are out, please don't hound me if I don't update. Please.

Anyway, VOTE & COMMENT. But, maybe, slower?