Shadow's physical form.

I got up at the crack of dawn as usual, got dressed and hurried to the cafeteria. My friends and I had made it a game of who could get out of bed first, to beat the rest of us to breakfast. Once in desperation to win this I had gotten up at 2:00 and later regretted it. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I had not won this round. Chance and Casey sat together talking quietly. I kept up behind them quietly. I sprang and jumped between them. "What ya talk'in 'bout?" I said suddenly and quite loudly. I had scared them both by my sudden arrival. Chance shook his head and pushed his glasses onto his nose. "We were talking about battle training." He said. "Yeah, and about how much better I was at it." Casey said with a smirk. Chance rolled his eyes. "At least I can hit a target with a gun." Said Chance. "I'll get it one day." Casey said casually, taking a bite out of an Apple. Allen sat down next.  I threw him an awkward smile and moved away. I still wasn't over what he did when Brandon was killed. That incident had reached headlines, and we had read about it in the paper. The killer was never found. He or she had left no evidence. Lillith sat down next to me. She gave me a biscuit, and looked to us. I nodded a thank you and listened to their conversation. "I hope we get to go into the animas." Chance said. "Me too, I just hope we don't go to Altier's time period. There's something going down right now." Allen said. "Yeah no joke. I really don't want to take a Chance  at watching him be stabbed again." Casey said nodding in Chance's direction. Chance gave him a sour face. "Really?" He said. "Yup". Casey said stiffling a laugh. Kyle sat down at the table and put his head down for a quick moment before joining in the conversation. "I lost again...."    "yup." I said finishing my biscuit. Lillith spoke up. "I want to go outside, to the park." I nodded in agreement remembering the awesome climbing trees. I played with my necklace as I listened more. "Why not Battle practice, so I can show Chance who's the best at fighting." Chance gave him another sour look. "We'll see." He said, slowly backing off. We all laughed at this. "What if your not the best? What if I'm the best? Or Rainy, or Allen?" Lillith said, getting everyone's attention. "Then I guess I'll have to beat you, too." Casey said.
Allen straightened up, as if to remember something. "I heard we were getting a new person to take care of us!" Allen said. "Where did you hear that?" I asked, suddenly interested. "The caretakers were talking outside my dorm." Allen said. "When is the new caretaker going to be here?" Chance asked. Allen shrugged. "Didn't hear that part." He said.

When Breakfast was over, we started the day. We had started academic practices like, Math and things like that, because we weren't sent home yet. They wanted to train us as much as possible before they had to let us go. When battle practice rolled around, we spared with each other. Out of Casey and Chance, Casey won due to his small size and speed. The battle between them was over as soon as it started. I spared with Lillith and finally won. I celebrated till she kicked my feet out from under me, and I fell on my back. It nearly knocked the breath out of me. "Jerk." I had called her. She had responded with a look of "I'm better than you."  And helped me up. I always laughed at that look that Lillith made, though. We went outside before lunch.
Shadow appeared to me then. "Hey Rainy! She said appearing in front of me. I flinched. "Yeah?". I asked. I want to show you something really cool!" She disappeared, and re appeared when we were outside. She revealed herself to everyone, so that everyone could see her. "I figured out how to enter a physical form!" She said excitedly. She looked like a squirming puppy wanting to show off a trick it had learned. Which was probably exactly what she was right now. "Cool!" Lillith said. "Let's see!"  Shadow closed her eyes and before we knew it, she was nothing but a small Raven on the ground. I looked in amazement at my ancestor. "That's really cool." I said picking up the small bird. Shadow chirped and flavoured her wings. It was clear she couldn't talk in this form. We played with Raven Shadow in till we were called in for lunch. We would meet our new caretaker after.