Special Chapter

I crept up behind Chance. Sneaking very carefully and quietly. Kyle saw me and I raised a finger to my lips. Kyle went back to talking to Chance. Lilith had to fight the erg to laugh, for I had told her my plan. A twig snapped beneath my feet. Now or never. Chance whirled around just as I jumped. I gave Chance a hug. His pupils shrank, and his face drained of all color to make a shocked and somewhat embarrassed expression. I let Chance go to look at the funny expression myself. Kyle laughed and Lilith held her laughter no longer either. Even Casey showed emotion to this. Allen smiled. Chance glared at me. "Got ya again." I said giggling. "Get me one more time, and you'll have a bullet in the throat." He threatened. "Worth it!" I said running to climb the tree to get to the treehouse. I high-fived Lilith. "That's never goanna get old!" She said. "I know." I told her. "Time to come inside!" Brandon called. I jumped out the window and did a roll recovery, like I was taught three days ago. It was hard to learn this skill.  Brandon shut the door behind us. "Go to the cafeteria for lunch." Brandon said with an always warm smile. I walked next to Casey to the lunch room. His expression had changed back to the expressionless boy we all know and love. Our group just wouldn't be complete without him.  At the lunch table, we talked about Chance's reaction to hugs. It also came to our attention that he only reacted like that when girls hugged him... ( Talking to school friends: Have you ever noticed that!?) Chance said nothing in this conversation. He just pushed his broccoli around his tray with his fork.  Then a food fight started...

Something hit me in the back of the head. With my new assassins instincts I whirled around and fell over, sparking a fit of laughter at the table. I looked across the room to see a group of boys laughing. I narrowed my eyes and got back to the table. I grabbed the apple off my plate and hurled it across the room. It hit a girl in the back. She stood up. She grabbed a spoonful of apple sauce and catapulted it at me. I ducked and it hit Kyle, who fell backwards, startled. "FOOD FIGHT!" Lilith screamed laughing. I smiled and grabbed everything I could off my plate and started throwing stuff. Kyle and Chance joined in while Casey, Allen, and Lilith took shelter laughing behind a table. I threw a water melon slice. A water bottle flew through the air. It got everyone at the sibling hood table wet. Chance gave up and ducked underneath the table. "ENOUGH!" A voice yelled. I froze. The man who showed me to my room walked in the room. "Uh, oh..." I said sitting down. Kyle couldn't control his laughter so he was smiling and his eyes were squeezed shut trying not to laugh.