Chapter 20

"You already to go?" The doctor passes my coat.

"I'm okay."

"I know you are. Come back if you have any pains and we'll see you in six weeks okay?" I nod and walk out the hospital as I pull on my coat. Even though the summer has come, it's still cold when the wind is blowing. And look, no one is waiting for me.

"Selena?" I turn to face Connor, racing towards me. "Sis." I hug him tightly then yelp in pain as he squashes my side. "I'm sorry." He stops hugging for a second then hugs me again. "I'm so glad you're okay. After everything that happened, I was so worried about you. You're such an idiot, why did you go with him? Do you know where he is now? I want to kill him."

"You won't touch him Connor. He is under protection and will have a trial, yes he will be guilty and killed but we will have a fair trial." Goosebumps form on my back when I hear Damien's voice. He came, so he does care. He walks over to us and touches my shoulder. "Glad you're back to health, Connor, what are you doing here?"

"She's my sister. I had to come and see her."

"Well you've seen here, she's fine. You can go." Why does he have to be so mean? Why isn't he hugging me and telling me he loves me? Men can be so confusing.

"Look Damien, I'm here to take my sister home."

"She's my mate and she's coming home with me," Damien says and locks his arm around mine.

"Damien, he's my brother. You can't take me away from him," I say as I shake away from him and stand in the middle of them. "Connor is coming home with us, to the house where I can time with everyone!" I yelp and Damien grabs me as I clutch my side. "I keep forgetting, it hurts when I shout."

"Baby girl, don't hurt yourself." He nuzzles his head into my neck then picks me up and lets me wrap my arms around his neck. "If you're coming Connor." He takes us to the car and puts me in, securing my seatbelt then getting in the other side and squeezing my hand before turning the engine on. Connor gets in the back and rubs my shoulder in an attempt to say thank you. "Dude you've kissed my mate, stop touching her." I close my eyes and lean my head against the window, I need some ibuprofen. Damien touches my hand but I don't reply.

"She doesn't want to talk, she's been through a lot," Connor says making Damien growl. "Ah, so you're a wolf too."

"Bite me human!"

"Dude, Jerry is my dad, I'm part wolf." The car jolts to a stop.

"Listen you little prick, just because you're her brother, does not mean you are anything close to a wolf. You are a person that is in my car, with my girl. So back the hell down before I rip your throat out with my claws."

"Both of you, cut it out!" I yell at them, giving them stern eyes. "One, Connor is my brother and he will be accepted wolf of no wolf. I am your Luna, so if you want me, you have him. And two," I hold up my second finger, "I am not your girl okay, if I think about you, you've never even asked me out, nor have we had a date. Just think of that you prick." The car goes silent and I feel myself drift off to sleep, trying to ignore the stinging pain in my side. I want to bite this mate thing right out of my heart.

Selena, calm down. Mo I swear if you talk to me, I'll kill someone. You left me for ages, I could be dead by now. I want nothing to do with this.

"Stop the car. Stop the car!" I unfasten my seatbelt and clamber out and start running through the woods till I can't anymore. But I have to run and I know exactly where to go.

The moon rises over the east hills as I sit on the cliffs edge. The wind blows through my hair, pulling it left, small hands dragging through it as they travel.

"Hear me moon, I'm not one of them. I don't belong here and even if there's a wolf in me or a mutational gene, I will not be them."

"Selena, you stubborn girl." I turn around to face the Moon Goddess leaning against a tree.

"What have I done?"

"I try everything to keep you with Damien and you run off. He loves you and I know you and Mongolia love him too, so why the hell do you keep running off?"

"Because he suffocates me, and he's being so mean to everyone."

"He's an Alpha, deal with it Selena. Connor had no right to kiss you. Do you know what it feels like when your mate cheats, kisses or has sex with another? It feels like your dying, your chest starts burning and you can't breathe and you can't control it. You have to scream until it stops. It hurts Selena so you kissed Connor, Damien was probably in pain every time you kissed him. How many times Selena, ten? Ten loud screams from Damien, he has a right to be angry at Connor."

"It wasn't just that." Damien comes out of the shadows all teary eyed and messy. His shirt was dirty, his jeans torn and his hair looking like a birds nest. "Sorry for interrupting but Selena you act like nothing has happened. You're like 'bring him home, accept him'. I can't do that, not after what he has done okay. It's taking enough strength to let him in my car and then you start yelling, at me. It's not on Selena, it bloody hurts to know you've kissed another guy. I kept trying to hide it but then you hugged him and let him come in my car, you don't think about my feelings."

"Of course I do. I don't know what I was thinking of Damien. I was messed up, my mother had just died. And then my father came into my life and everything happened, I had no time to breathe," I tell him.

"Selena, I was trying to help... I don't know what to do. I want you but I can't even look at you. I am so disgusted that my mate could kiss another, even after I had marked you."

"Damien," I start but he stops me.

"I just, I can't."

"Damien, you love her, we all know that or why would you be here? Tell Connor to go home and then you guys will talk okay, on neutral ground."

"No! I don't want her," he shouts and runs off.

"Damien," I say before grapping my chest in pain and falling to the ground. "No."

"You've done it now."

"You're not helping," I tell her. She wasn't this snobby when I met her when I was dead. Maybe there's two. This is crap. "What's going on?"

"What do you think Selena? He's rejected you."

"Sis!" Connor runs over to me and grabs me tightly.

"This is your fault," I cry and push him away.

"You have no one to blame but yourself," she says.

"Go away."

"I won't leave you sis."

"Just stay out of my life." I need Damien, otherwise I'm going to hurt forever.

Look you did this on purpose, just to hurt me. Well done Selena. Shut up Mo, aren't you hurting too?

God yes, I'm crying. I'm taking over and you can't stop me. I don't even stop her, she just takes over and I feel my bones stretch.