Chapter 18

Hi guys. So there's a little bit of swearing in here, I'm sorry. Young kids, be wary and don't use it in front of your parents! Good, now that's sorted. Here's Chapter 18. Getting close to the end now

---------

I scream when I feel arms wrap around me. Everything was a dream and Jerry was still going to hurt me. I squirm around, feeling a hand come over my mouth, I kick legs away from me.

"Selena!" I open my eyes and find Damien holding me tightly, tears streaming from his eyes. "Are you okay?" I shake my head, still realising that it's Damien and not Jerry. He hugs me tightly and breathes out. I hold my hand up and see I'm shaking. What was happening? Why am I so scared? "You gave me such a fright. One minute you were fine and the next you were thrashing about, rolling from side to side and yelling. I didn't know what to do but you just wouldn't wake up." I kiss his forehead and hold him, he's shaking too.

"We've got to get out!" Ryan bursts through the door and chucks a rucksack at us. "The hunters, they're here." We scramble out of bed and get changed quickly, and pack a few things in the bag. Damien grabs onto my hand and we follow Ryan. Wolves were fighting with people downstairs. Damien pushes me into Ryan.

"Get her out of here. Don't let go of her."

"Damien no!" I cry. I try to get out of Ryan's arms.

"I love you." He kisses me passionately like it's our last kiss. Then he changes and jumps onto the floor.

"We've got to go." I watch him as he fights before being dragged away with Ryan.

"There's a secret entrance."

"We can't leave them."

"I am second in command, you are my Luna, and I am not letting you go." I follow him through a door in the wall. He shuts the door and we're in pitch black. He lights and candle, grabs my hand and leads the way. Down stairs and along hallways, we finally get out, into night time. Yelling and loud bangs are still coming out of the house.

"Ryan?"

"He'll be fine, he always is." I follow Ryan through the woods. I think that someone is following me. I turn around but all I see is birds so I turn to face Ryan when I face Jerry, restraining Ryan from moving.

"Ryan," I whisper. "Let him go."

"No."

"What do you want?" I ask. I must be brave, I can't be scared. Ryan's life is a stake.

"You. No Luna, no Alpha. Want this Beta to live, you'll come with me."

"No Selena," Ryan shouts before Jerry's hand shuts him up.

"Make you choice, but I'd do it quick. I've got a knife that's tingling in my back pocket." He's not joking. I'll have to go, it's my only choice. I nod my head quickly and Jerry throws Ryan to the ground.

"Move and I'll kill you," Jerry says as he walks over to me. "Glad you saw it my way dearie." He slings his arm over my shoulder and grins. "It's time to go." I nod slowly and follow him in the way he goes. I shake my head when I look behind and see Ryan in his wolf form. Don't make it worse Ryan. Jerry grabs my hand and pulls me forward viciously making me trip over.

"Ow, just kill me already. It's what you want, isn't it?"

"Kill you, never dear." He picks me up, flings me over his shoulder and starts walking again.

"Please just put me down." He grunts and continues walking silently. Then I remember his words. 'I've got a knife that's tingling in my back pocket." Without even thinking about consequences, I grab the knife and stab it in his back making him fall over in pain, bringing me crashing down. I scramble up and grab the nearest branch I can find. Jerry shakes for a while, trying to get the knife out of his back.

"Just die," I yell.

"No!" he groans and pulls the knife out. Shit! I start running but I always seem to be too slow because Jerry catches up and pulls me down. I hit my head hard on the ground making my vision blurry. What's going on?

"Let me go." I can barely see, but I know he's holding the knife over me. I grab his wrists and try to push him away. I knee him in the groin and crawl away quickly. And that's when I feel a sharp, shooting pain in my side. And then a dull throbbing pain. I fall onto my back and try to find the reason I'm hurting. And it do find it. Jerry has stabbed me. The pain turns into a burning pain and I stare at the knife wondering whether to take it out of not.

"Guess you're gonna die first." I feel Mo take over as I drop in unconsciousness.

******

I growl loudly at him. The knife is still lodged in my body but at least I'm still alive.

"You're beautiful, just like me. I can see you got my genes and not your mothers." I lie there quietly as he circles me. "And while you're just lying there, slowly dying, let's talk. Or I'll talk and you just listen." I growl again. This is not happening. Selena wake up, don't die on me. She's weak, I'm weak. Someone needs to pull this knife out of us. "This is so sad. First your mother and now you. But at least I'll have Connor, that weakling. Didn't you get the memo, I killed your mother, I had her killed. She was a waste of space, she didn't believe in me either. I didn't realise you were a wolf otherwise I would have found you earlier. But he found you and now I can't save you. Dark side, light side, you went to the dark side with Alpha Ambrose. He's bad news, I would be the best Alpha to ever live, if only I hadn't be kicked out. Wolves are pathetic, rogue blood runs through your veins, you need to be free. You'll kill yourself if you're locked behind walls. Think this as a gift, I'm setting you free. You'll see mom again and you can run without being stopped, what better birthday present?"

"A very fucking late birthday present," I mumble finally. My last energy, of course I'm going to be sarcastic. He kicks me making my whimper.

"Don't be such a bitch. You're dying, have a little respect."

"Bite me, it'll end quicker." Jerry laughs and leans against the tree.

"Hurry up."

"Sorry I'm dying too slow for you." He is such an ass. His daughter is dying and he's hoping she dies quicker. Where's Damien when you need him?

"Fighting like usual." Nova, you're still here. "Barely, I'm dying." Hold on okay, we'll get-.

Jerry shoves the knife in further and I yelp in pain. What is with this guy? He stops and moves back.

"Are you dead yet bitch?"

"No." I smirk to myself, he knows we're really hard to kill right?

"Please just die, the Alpha will die too."

"Will he now?" I look up to see Damien, Ryan, Rosetta, Andy and few other wolves.

"She's dead, suffer while I take over."

"Get him guys." The wolves charge, chasing Jerry away from sights, but barking can still be heard, echoing through the woods. Damien rushes over and holds me up onto his knees.

"Selena man, why did you go?" I shake my head, Selena isn't here. "What's wrong? We need a doctor now, please I need a doctor. Selena come back, Selena baby I need you." I close my eyes and let my body give up. Small drops of tears fall on my fur as Damien cries out in pain. Don't die mate, I'll find you again, I'll be the pretty one you can't take your eyes off, or the geek who gets bullied until you stand in. Either way, we'll find a way out of this mess.