Chapter 15

"Did you miss me?"

"I'd lie if I didn't. But it was nice; I was a normal for once in my life. And it didn't matter that I was a creature of the night, I felt normal," I sigh.

"I wish I could say I understand... but I don't. I love being a wolf, I love my pack and I love where and who I am," he says calmly. I shake my head. "I can get people to help pack things. We can store things in the attic and things in our room okay." I nod.

"Can I have my phone back?" I ask quietly but he ignores me and walks into the kitchen. I go to follow when I hear a car door slam and when I look out the window, Connor is running down the path. Connor, my head sighs with relief. I run out and meet him on the path, hugging him tightly.

"Where did you go? I was so worried. I've been searching all morning." He inhales my hair and squeezes me tightly, spinning me around in circles. Then he stops and puts me down and I can hear footsteps on the ground behind me. Damien.

"This is him," he sighs and shakes Connor's hand. "Alright mate?"

"Yeah, just coming to collect Selena for breakfast." It was stare off, both trying to guess who would leave first.

"I think Selena wants to stay here."

"She can't, my mother made breakfast. Mom made pancakes and bacon and eggs," he says and pleads me with his eyes. I look at Damien and groan loudly.

"She's already had breakfast."

"Who are you?"

"Who are you? Taking my girl." I start hyperventilating quietly, pass out, pass out. I do not want to be awake during this, this fight.

"Your girl, she doesn't have a boyfriend."

"She does, I'm her boyfriend. And I'm taking her home."

"You weren't there when she was crying were you." He looks at me then back at Connor. "Exactly."

"You weren't there when her mother was in hospital." They're competing now. I give up trying to pass out. I fall to the floor, well try to because I feel arms around me. Just pretend to be out, they might stop fighting.

"Is she okay?" Connor asks quickly.

"She's fine and she doesn't need you," he growls.

"She does, I've been caring for her. When she wakes up, we'll let her make her mind up okay," Connor says finally hoping for an agreement. And so am I, I'm sick of the fighting.

I open my eyes once both the boys have left my bedroom. It was Damien who caught me, I could feel his heart. And then he kissed me on the forehead before rushing Connor out. Make my mind up, who do I want to go with? I'm happy with Connor and his easy life, but I miss Damien, my mate. This is so hard, I really don't know what I want. I'm not like Damien. I'm free, I'm a, I'm a rogue. Omigod, I'm a rogue.

"I don't think so." Damien stands in the doorway, gripping the door with his fingers, his claws out on show.

"Now breathe Damien."

"Breathe, you want me to breathe. You just said you were a rogue. And you want me to breathe. I'm allowed to be angry. I love you Selena, you cannot leave me. I'll have to ban you, and then if you touch my territory, we'll have to kill you. Do you really want that?"

"No I'll live in peace. I don't want to fight, I just want to be free. I never liked having four walls around me. You can't keep me locked in. I didn't want to be a wolf in the first place, now that I am, let me decide what I want."

"Never in a million years." He grabs my arm and chucks me on the bed.

"Damien!"

"You're mine. I swear if you go rogue, I will kill you before you touch the woods."