The Lie.

I tucked my boys into bed. I kissed their cheeks and wished them sweet dreams. Lennon had school the following morning and I had work, so Bas would stay with Manuela until early afternoon.

"Would you like a water?" I asked Harry walking to the kitchen.

"No thanks," he replied quietly.

As I opened the fridge, I thought about my sons meeting Anne and Gemma for the first time. Actually, it went well. Lennon blushed each time Gemma spoke and Bas excitedly taught Anne how to play his new Power Rangers board game. The ladies were worn out after just two hours.

"Probably opened a bottle of tequila in the limo on the way back to the hotel," I joked to myself.

Harry wasn't on the couch when I returned to the living room so I assumed he had a business call. I logged on to Twitter and posted a picture of my new fuzzy panda bear slippers. Immediately, several favorites and retweets - which still surprised me.

"Sorry, management just called..." his raspy voice startled me.

"It's alright! Back to the movie?"

"Um, actually I think I need to head out."

I glanced at his face and noticed the worry present.

"What is it?"

Silence.

"Harry, your mother? Gemma?" I started to panic.

"No my mum and sister are fine."

"You can tell me anything..." I reminded him.

"Have you checked Twitter tonight?"

"Yes, well, I posted a picture and logged off," the worry set in. "Harry?"

He pulled his arms around me and put his mouth near my ear.

"I'm sorry."

I turned my head and then reached out to grab his face. Gently lifting his to meet mine, I told him, "we can get through this together."

"Anastasia - you know - the model from Spain?"

I nodded my head to respond while the wheels turned in my brain. My heart beat sped up.

"Well, she's done an interview with the Daily Globe and is claiming to be pregnant with my child," his eyes hit the floor.

Stunned, I waited for more. He stood up and started pacing the room.

"It's not good. We never even slept together. We stayed in the same hotel but she wasn't in my room."

His words were full of truth and emotion, but I couldn't bring myself to speak in that moment.

"Sophie, she's trying to get money from me...her career hasn't been moving as quickly as she thought and now being pregnant- well, it may be doomed..."

I knew he was hurt and I knew he hated this for someone he called a friend, but he was also a responsible and honest man - he wanted the truth out, but didn't want to see Anastasia hurt.

"My team is making a statement this week...probably tomorrow."

His eyes met mine asking for a response.

"I'm so sorry...." my voice trailed off.

"Sophie, I love you. This changes nothing," he reassured me.

Honestly, I was in shock. The guts it took for this girl to actually come out and lie about something so serious. I remembered reading that she was 18. She had her whole life ahead of her and was about to ruin it by getting caught up in this drama.

"Sophie?" Harry's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Does she not realize what this will do to her future?"

Laughter filled the tense room. Harry sat down and wrapped his arms around me.

"I've just told you shitty news about me and you're worried about her future," the grin plastered across his face brought one to mine.

"Sorry, I just hate seeing you upset. This will be chaos and I'm bracing myself for what lies ahead in the next few days," I explained.

His face turned serious and he planted a light kiss on my lips. "Sophie, I have only ever thought of having children with you. I know you don't want to talk about it, but I need you to know."

We had been avoiding this topic for months. Of course, Anastasia's claim meant it was something to discuss sooner than later.

"Harry, I'm just not sure I could start over again. I will be 32 soon and I have almost gotten over the fact that I may not be pregnant again," I carefully worded my response.

He sighed.

"I'm not pressuring you. It would mean a lot if you would at least keep an open mind," he gracefully replied.

His eyes full of sincerity almost breaking down the wall I'd put up. I loved being pregnant, I loved nursing my sons, I loved witnessing their firsts...but I also suffered silently during a majority of that time.

______