Record

"Hey man!" Jesse yelled as I walked into the studio.

"Morning," I replied quietly. I set my case down and stared at my phone. The picture of my wife sleeping in another man's car filled the screen.

Jesse could tell that I was distracted so he offered some coffee, but I declined. Sophie, the love of my life, wanted to spend time with another man - a famous, rich man. I felt confident that the work I had been putting in would satisfy her desire for something more. It never crossed my mind that she might want someone more.

I sat in the green suede chair and strummed my fingers over the strings of my guitar. Jesse brought me back to reality by asking if I had worked more on the song since we spoke at 4 this morning. Damn, I'm glad I get to work with him - he understands where I want to go.

I began playing the song, so he sat on his 'thinking' stool and bounced to the beat. He stopped me at the second verse, made a suggestion, I restarted that verse and played with the change - much smoother.

Jesse motioned for me to step into the booth, once I was connected, he pressed record and I played and sang. The tune felt natural as did working with him. He moved his head to music, occasionally pausing to scribble down a note or two.

Once I finished, I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge in the kitchen. I glanced at Jesse. His long, thin straight white hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, purple sunglasses covered his eyes, his beard was due for a trim, and his white button down shirt and brown pants needed a good cleaning...but all in all, he was a cool guy. He genuinely loved his job and had a passion for music.

I joined him, sitting in the green chair. He furrowed his brows at his notebook. I smirked and asked, "You ok, J man?"

"Er, uh, mhm," he stammered. "Just a few notes."

He told me his thoughts and ideas. They were spot on. I realized I was in the zone, my creative flow was running wild. This is what I was waiting for.

We worked on and completed two songs. It was 5pm when we acknowledged our hunger. Jesse offered to order a pizza, I thanked him, but explained I needed to get home to the boys. He understood and said he would see me tomorrow at 8am.

The air had a slight chill in it as I stepped out of the building. I pulled my black button down shirt over my white undershirt - glad I wore jeans today.

I hailed a cab then texted Sophie to let her know I was headed home for the night.

Me: Sorry, for not touching base sooner. Great studio time today. Lots accomplished. Want me to grab dinner?

I waited for her response, selfishly hoping her plans were cancelled. My phone beeped.

Sophie: I'm sure the boys would love a NYC pizza. I have dinner plans - if that's still ok?

I knew she felt guilty, but I also knew she was excited. I couldn't let her know how I felt, so I replied.

Me: That's right. Pizza for the boys it is.

Play it cool, Alexander.

Sophie: Great! See you in a bit.

I put my phone in my pocket and directed the taxi to take me to the closest pizza place to our building. I would order there, then walk home.

Once we arrived, I paid the driver and walked inside. The smell was incredible - I hadn't realized just how hungry I was. I ordered, paid, then sat at a small table. I took out my phone and opened Twitter. The picture of Sophie sleeping - or leaning with her eyes closed- was the first thing I saw. TMZ and ET had shared it...the world wanted to know who she was. Harry hadn't tagged her which I thought was slightly odd.

What does he know about her?