In a Hydro Tank

Soramaru's eyes struggled to open. His hands and feet weren't bound this time. They floated almost freely, wait, floated? Spurred by his panic Soramaru forced his eyes to open.

He was submerged in water. Oh no! I'm going to drown! Soramaru thought frantically. He thrashed around. He wasn't getting anywhere, in his thrashing, his hand hit glass, hard. He stopped, his hand hurt a lot. It was then that he could really tell where he was.

He was inside a cylindrical tank full of water, but he could breathe thanks to a clear mask that covered his whole face. Soramaru looked around the room, it had another tank in it, but the tank looked like it was empty. He looked back to his hand, and flexed his fingers, it probably wasn't broken. He would most likely have some bruising on his knuckles though. He had sustained worst injuries from Tenka.

Tenka. The thought of his brother made him feel weaker than he already was, emotionally. No, don't think about him, not now. I can't start crying. He forced his tears back down into his throat. They burned there, but still he didn't want to cry. The pain was worth it. 

"Hey!" A voice said. Soramaru lifted his head and looked around again. No one was there, he was the only one. So, who could have said it? He shrugged, it must have been his imagination. "Hey!" The voice called again. Soramaru could here where the voice was coming from, the empty tank. "Who's there?" The Kumou responded carefully.

"My name is Suigetsu. I've been here for about two years; it's new to see someone other than Orochimaru or Kabuto. So, how did you get here?" Although he was surprised Soramaru was grateful for the somewhat friendly company. "I'm Soramaru. That guy, Kabuto, just showed up, fought me, and here I am. How did you get here? And I have to ask, are you invisible? Or have you been an empty tank for very long?" Soramaru could hear Suigetsu laughing a little. Was one of his questions that funny? When Suigetsu was done laughing he said,"Well, how I got here was a bit of a blur, I'm pretty sure Orochimaru used a genjutsu or something. To answer your second question, I'm not invisible, nor am I an empty tank. I can turn into a kind of water. So, I blend in. Oh, wait a sec."

A face with violet eyes, sharp teeth and white hair appeared. Soramaru snapped backwards in shock. "You're a Fuuma?!" The face looked confused and then disappeared."I don't know what a Fuuma is, so I'm just gonna say that I am not a Fuuma."

Soramaru decided to get serious with this conversation. "Why are we here, anyway?

"We're here because of Orochimaru. He looks for powerful individuals and experiments on them. I've been here for about two years. You never totally get used to this place." Soramaru looked around the dank room and cramped tank. He couldn't imagine having to live here for two years. "I'm glad they brought someone new here."Suigetsu continued.

"Why would you ever hope for someone to have to live through this?!" Soramaru said, letting the anger slip into his voice. Although he could not disagree with his new roommate. With no one to talk to or laugh with or anything, life in a hydro tank would be boring, lonely, and unbearable. He already could sense that he and Suigetsu would never become good friends or anything along those lines, but at the moment Soramaru was grateful to have Suigetsu's company. 

Hello! Love it? Hate it? Please comment!