Escape Attempt

Soramaru coughed hard as Kabuto raised the glass of his tank. His throat had been hurting for the past few days, and his body ached, more than usual. He had been held captive for a while now, and had still not given up on fighting.

Kabuto repeated the normal drill with Soramaru, releasing him and getting a tight grip on him before he could gain the stability needed to escape. Soramaru coughed the whole way there. Kabuto looked at him nervously when he coughed. It was not a caring sort of look. Orochimaru might have mentioned that Soramaru was a rare specimen from a different dimension and that he did not want him dying.There were a number of deadly diseases that started with coughing.

When they reached the experiment room, instead of going through the routine of fighting Soramaru to get him onto the table, he simply cut to the chase by punching Soramaru in the stomach, hard. Soramaru doubled over, gagging. Kabuto used that opportunity to lift and strap him onto the table.

When Soramaru recovered, he glared at Kabuto. "If punching me in the stomach worked so well, why didn't you just do that for the last twenty times." Soramaru said angrily. To his surprise, Kabuto actually responded,"If I did that too often, it would tear apart your internal organs, and a test subject would be lost." He slapped a hand on Soramaru's forehead, when Soramaru resisted, he pushed his hand onto Soramaru's head, making him yelp in pain. "No fever." Kabuto said to himself.

Next, he stuck two fingers on the boy's neck to find a pulse, but when his fingers just brushed Soramaru's neck, he flinched. Kabuto ignored Soramaru's discomfort and felt the side of his neck. Soramaru's breathing got shallow and he started to panic. This behavior surprised Kabuto, he knew that Soramaru would fight him, but this was different.

Kabuto evaluated that Soramaru would have to get more vitamin C in his daily supplements. When Kabuto turned back to Soramaru, he was breathing normally. Kabuto filled a syringe with a vitamin C supplement, and being the person he was, rather than injecting it into Soramaru's wrist, he injected it into his neck. Soramaru gritted his teeth, hard.

.

.

.

When it was over, Soramaru feigned to be more weak than he really was. He didn't have any tranquilizer in his bloodstream, and he'd been on the table long enough to allow his muscles to recover. He had a plan. He would escape! His plan was probably sloppy and would require a lot of improvisation, but really, what more could he do?

The straps still held him down, but he was patient. He knew well enough that Kabuto would unstrap him soon. When that happened, he would be ready. So he waited. Kabuto took his time, organizing the medical instruments, Soramaru guessed.

Finally, Kabuto peeled the last strap. The plan was in action. Soramaru slowly sat up, like he was struggling and whipped his fist into Kabuto's stomach. There was an unexpected strength to his punch, so much that it knocked Kabuto down.

Where did it come from? Neither could say. The strength surprised Soramaru, but he didn't have the luxury of time to think about it. He jumped off the table and took off down a long hallway. He had no clue where he was going, but anywhere away from Kabuto or Orochimaru seemed very acceptable to him. Adrenaline made his steps lighter, his pace faster.

He only turned a few corners when a force from behind knocked him down. The rush of his escape attempt still flooded his veins, despite him being pinned to the floor. "That wasn't the smartest move." Kabuto's voice said from above his head. Being knocked down left Soramaru's mind in a twisted daze. He attempted to fight, but he could feel the weight of Kabuto's boot on his back. "Really, I feel a bit insulted that you thought that would work against me."

Kabuto knelt down and pinned one of Soramaru's arms behind his back, between his shoulder blades. Soramaru gritted his teeth to avoid screaming. Again, he tried to squirm until he freed himself, but Kabuto pressed harder on his arm. "Try moving again, and I dislocate your shoulder." The captive let his arm go limp.

Soramaru could feel a sharp jab in the back of his neck, just like before. His vision contorted, his muscle weakened. His last memory was of Kabuto dragging him down the hallway.