In the Hidden Leaf

'Tenka walked away without looking back. His hair and clothes swayed in the breeze. He kept walking toward the gallows until he was out of sight. Soramaru knew what was going to happen to him, he had seen this all before. But something was off, the eldest Kumoh brother kept walking, he wouldn't turn back no matter how much Soramaru and Chuutarou cried and called out to him. "We still need our mom and dad! You can't go...TENKA!!" Soramaru screamed.'

"TENKA!!!" Soramaru yelled, waking up, bolting upright in his bed. He inhaled sharply. His stomach burned and ached when he moved. It was bandaged up, and altogether, it looked kind of severe. His breathing was heavy as he tried to recover from the nightmare that had already happened. He looked down to see his hands tied. He didn't struggle against the ropes.

He took in his surroundings. The room wasn't brightly lit, but it wasn't dark like the labs. It had the perfect light for sleeping. The walls were painted a soothing peach color. There was a nightstand next to his bed. Soramaru looked down to see that he was now wearing a tan shirt and matching pants, they were comfortable.

Two people burst through the door, and a light turned on, brightening the room. A girl with short pink hair and green eyes, and the boy who saved him back in Orochimaru's lab. "Oh, you're up." The girl said. Soramaru remembered her voice from the day before. She was Sakura. "Hi, how you doing?" Naruto said. Soramaru could recognize his voice, as well. "I'm okay."He responded "Umm.. where exactly am I?"

"We found you in Orochimaru's lab." Sakura said, recapping her last encounter with Soramaru. "You were drowning, and had some serious wounds. Now you're in the hidden leaf village." Soramaru could vaguely remember Kabuto hiding from leaf ninja. Were these people leaf ninja? "I'm Naruto and this is Sakura." Naruto said. He had a constant happiness to him, and Soramaru could gather that just from being in the same room with him for thirty seconds. It reminded him of Tenka, how he always smiled. How he always laughed, even under the clouds. " I know, I was awake when you were talking yesterday."

Naruto looked like he was about to say something, but was interrupted by Soramaru's stomach growling. "When's the last time you've eaten?" Sakura asked. Soramaru shrugged. "I never ate anything at all when I was in there." He held up his hands for some emphasis, and remembered that they were tied. "Um.. why are my hands tied?"He asked.

"Oh! Right, sorry about the restraints!" Sakura said apologetically, "We didn't know who you were, and for all we knew, you could weave a sign that would cause an explosion or something." Weave a sign? What?

Sakura brought him some food and tea. It wasn't much, and it didn't taste the best, but Soramaru was thrilled to actually eat something. "What's your name?" Naruto asked when Soramaru had finished eating. "Soramaru." He answered. When Naruto asked where he was from, he hoped that "another dimension" didn't sound weird and just told the truth. "So, are you a ninja?" Naruto asked. Soramaru shook his head. "I've lived with two ninjas though, does that count for anything?" Naruto shrugged.

Eventually Naruto asked for information. Soramaru sighed. "Look, if I had any information on Kabuto or Orochimaru, I would tell you everything. I actually wish I had information to tell you." Now Naruto sighed.

"Listen," he said seriously. "You're supposed to be interrogated, because of where we found you and all. If you tell the truth, you'll be fine. If not, it was nice knowing you." Soramaru nodded, it was a lot to take in. There was nothing he had reason to lie about. "When is it gonna start?" He asked

"Now." Naruto responded. "We just need you to tell us everything you know about Orochimaru and Kabuto." Soramaru thought about this, so he explained every part of his awful experience with Kabuto. He started with getting kidnapped and ended with his isolated tank. Sakura wrote down every word he said.

"So are we done?" He asked, shifting in his hospital bed. Sakura shook her head and put her clipboard down. "There are two parts of interrogation here. We just finished the first, in the second, we see if you were telling the truth or not." Soramaru was about to ask how they could tell if he was telling the truth. "There's a division that can look through your memories." That idea freaked Soramaru out a bit, but he nodded.

Suddenly, he noticed something that he hadn't before. This room had a window, it was covered by curtain, but he could see a radiant light peaking through. It wasn't dull like how he was used to back home, it was so bright. On impulse, he got out of bed and tried to walk towards it. He nearly face planted, due to not using his legs in such a long time. Luckily, Naruto caught him before he fell. "What is it?" Naruto asked. Soramaru kept making his way to the window. He finally made it and pulled back the curtain, and for the first time in ten years, he saw the sun. 

Love it? Hate it? Please comment!