Nightmares

Soramaru thrashed around in his sleep. This time his nightmare concerned Chuutarou. *His younger brother was a just standing there as Kagami wielded his long retractable sword. Chuutarou didn't move, Soramaru's dream self was frozen in place, unable to help. Shirasu came to the rescue, but was cut down quickly.

Kagami returned his murderous gaze to Chuutarou and his blades lashed out without mercy. Tenka wasn't there to save him this time. The scene shifted, he was in the labs now. His limbs restrained, his body feeling heavy. Kabuto jabbed a needle into Soramaru's neck. He screamed. "Keep quiet." Kabuto said. Soramaru spat at him. Kabuto looked surprised for a second. Then he simply wiped the saliva from his glasses and wrapped his fingers around Soramaru's throat. Soramaru struggled and Kabuto tightened his grip. "I'm not sure why this freaks you out so much, but I'll experiment with this." He continued to keep his fingers constricted around the boy's throat.*

Soramaru woke up, drenched in sweat, shivering. He covered his face with his hands, trying to calm down. Tears mixed with sweat. 'I have to get home! Chuutarou could be in danger.' He thought. He shuddered at the memories of the experiments 'He can't hurt you!'

When his breathing finally returned to normal, he found his old clothes and his swords on the nightstand next to his bed. He was excited to have something familiar. After he changed, there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" He called. Sakura came in, carrying a folder that was bulging with papers. "Morning!" She said, cheerily. Soramaru responded with the same word. Sakura cut to the chase,"If you're interested, we think we found the location of the portal." Soramaru had been pulling the sheets on the bed tighter when Sakura brought it up, his surprise led him to tear the blanket off the bed. "Huh?" He asked, excited.

She nodded,"We're almost sure we found it, but it might be awhile before we can really look into it. On top of that, your condition is still not well enough to travel." Soramaru smiled, as long as there was a chance of getting home, he would wait a hundred years. Sakura led Soramaru to breakfast outside of the hospital. It was his first time in a long time eating real food.

After breakfast, he found a training ground to practice his swords. All of his swings felt weak and wobbly, so unlike what they used to feel like. He cringed inwardly at the words his master would have yelled at him.

Naruto or Sakura was around him whenever he was not in his hospital room. The village still didn't trust him. He didn't mind, it was protocol, after all. Shirasu had once mentioned that ninjas are taught from the beginning not to trust. Then why did you trust us, Shirasu? He thought. The village may not have trusted him, but there were a select few people who did. Why would they trust an outsider like him? He wasn't from the village, he wasn't even a ninja. So, why were a few of these people so open?

He felt like he was in a major debt to the Leaf Village. The village was the home to the kind people who had helped him, despite being an outsider. He knew that he would be eternally grateful to this place. His days were spent doing whatever public service that he could find. Although, there was little he could do,he would do his best to assist the leaf village in any way he could.

Love it? Hate it? Please comment! Remember to laugh!!!