Saving Padmé and Changing Anakin

Warning, you may start bawling while reading this chapter because I, the author, almost started bawling while writing this chapter. You might want to grab some tissues before continuing on. Happy reading!!!!!

*IMPORTANT* Please withhold yourself from swearing in the comments, I thought this would be common sense, but I've been having problems with it lately. Thanks.

*********************************************

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master Yoda, and I headed down a long hallway—and believe it or not, it was COMPLETELY WHITE!!!!! I think I might get sick from all this white because my favorite color is NOT white. It's actually.......wait, I really don't have a favorite color, but I do know that it isn't white, though I've already stated that.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, Obi-Wan, Master Yoda, and I came to the end of the loooooooooooooong hallway. Obi-Wan and Master Yoda turned and walked into another hospital room that was-go ahead and take a wild guess-white. Of course, it just had to be white. I think I might go crazy if I stay in this hospital for too long. I strolled into the room and then suddenly stopped. Padmé. My heart almost stopped beating. She was lying on a white hospital bed dressed in a white hospital gown and was barely-and I mean barely-breathing. I couldn't think. My brain just stopped working and I'm absolutely positive my face turned deathly pale.

"Anakin, ANAKIN!!!" Obi-Wan gently shouted, pulling me out of my trance.

"What? Huh?" I sputtered, slightly confused.

"Are you okay? You just turned awfully pale and zoned out for a few minutes." He replied.

"I'm f-fine." I stuttered trying to choke back tears that were threatening to fall. A Sith doesn't cry, I thought to myself. "What happened to P-Padmé?"

"Gave birth to her children, she did." Master Yoda responded.

"Ch-children?" I asked, clearly confused. "There's more than o-one?"

"Twins she had. Alive they are. On her deathbed Padmé is. How unfortunate. How unfortunate." Replied Master Yoda.

Once he said the word deathbed, I couldn't take it any longer. The tears that threatened to fall came and I don't care. I ran to Padmé's side. She couldn't die, she just couldn't. She was all I ever lived for. She is what kept me going all through the entire Clone Wars. Whenever I was having a terrible day, I thought about her and that's what kept me going. I had no idea what I would do without her because she was part of me now. She's been part of me ever since our wedding day. I needed Padmé. I needed her.

"Padmé! Padmé!" I pleaded with her desperately, hoping she would hear me.

"A-ani?!" Padmé asked looking up at me, her sweet beautiful voice cracking.

"It's me. I'm here my love. And I'm never going to leave you. I'm never going to let you go." I whispered to her. "I'm gonna get you and the twins out of here, then we can get rid of Palpatine and rule the galaxy, together."

"No Anakin!" She said harshly, cutting me to the heart. "I don't want to rule the galaxy, I just want to live peacefully with you, Luke, and Leia. I want my Anakin back. I want the Anakin that I married back. Not the evil person that he has become."

"What are you talking about Padmé?" I asked her, dreadfully confused.

"Anakin. You've changed. Your not the man I fell in love with anymore." She softly spoke, gently brushing her fingers against my cheek. "Ever since you came back from the Jedi Temple and told me you had to go to Mustafar, you've been different. On Mustafar, you proved that you changed. That you changed into a monster. You've killed innocent people Anakin! You almost killed me! All I want is my Anakin Mori Skywalker—the loving Jedi and the Hero With No Fear—to come back. I want that little slave boy I met on Tatooine all those years ago to come back to me. I wish I could still call you Anakin,-my husband-but I can't because that's not who you are anym...." She stopped, she started to choke, she was trying to breathe.

"No!!!!! Padmé please!!!" I desperately begged, tears spilling down my face and splattering onto the floor. "Don't leave me!!! I'll come back. I promise! Just please don't leave me. The twins, they need you Padmé, they need a loving mother. Please!!! Stay alive for them. And I promise you I will never ever ever go back to the dark side. Now that I think about it, I hate it. I promise." Stopping because I didn't know what else to say.

"Oh, Anakin. I knew you'd come back! Of course, the twins need me, you need me. I'll be alright because now I know my Anakin Mori Skywalker has returned."

*******************************

OMG! Now I'm crying!!!!! Anyone else?

Thanks for reading and commenting and voting!!! Y'all are awesome!!!!

God bless y'all!!!

~Sara Wingfeather