Darth Sidious

Obi-Wan Kenobi and I were strolling through the streets of Coruscant in silence, on the lookout for the one and only, Darth Sidious. Master Yoda was back at the Jedi Temple and would come to our aid if we needed it. As we were walking, I was looking at our surroundings. There were buildings everywhere. They varied in all shapes and sizes. Some tall, dark, grey skyscrapers with thousands of windows covering every side. Some short, dull-colored, dome-shaped restaurants, shops, and houses. Some tall, medium-sized, bluish-gray apartment buildings. There were also many different types of ships and creatures from all over the Galaxy. It almost seemed like everyone had come to Coruscant to find out what was happening to the Republic.

"Anakin, Anakin!" Obi-Wan softly shouted, bringing me back to reality.

"Huh? What?" I asked confused, then what he said, clicking. "Oh. Yeah?"

"I sense a dark presence. Do you think it's him?

"Do I think it's who?" I whispered, still confused because my mind was elsewhere, planning my big move. "Ohhhhh, do I think it's him! Yes, it is him. He should be right around the corner."

"Alright." Obi-Wan confirmed. Then sneaking carefully around the corner of the dark alleyway, his cloak dragging on the ground, me following close behind.

When we rounded the corner, Obi-Wan stopped straight in his tracks and I-not paying attention to the fact that he stopped-slammed right into his back.

"Ouch!" I softly shouted, rubbing my sore nose.

"Sorry." Obi-Wan replied without much sympathy.

"Ahh, welcome my little Jedi friends." Said Darth Sidious amusingly, while I realized that he was the reason Obi-Wan halted so abruptly.

"Hello, Palpatine." Obi-Wan calmly replied. "I'm glad we found you so quickly, we can get down to business now."

"Business! What is the business you speak of?" Sidious scoffed. "Is it the boring Jedi kind of business, or the fun, Sith kind of business?"

"It's actually the boring Jedi kind, when it would be so much better if it was the fun, Sith kind." I replied sarcastically.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan reprimanded.

"Good Anakin." Sidious cackled. "Use your anger. Let it out."

"Oh shut up!" I shouted at Palpatine. "I wasn't even using my anger."

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan reprimanded, again.

"Sorry Master." I apologized, studying my boots which were a lot dirtier than they were last time I looked at them, which was probably last week.

"Anyways." Obi-Wan started after clearing his throat. "Shall we have you stop your shenanigans the easy way, or the hard way, Palpatine?"

"You should know Master Kenobi, that nothing can be dealt with the easy way. Oh wait, that was Master Skywalker whom I told, or is his proper title Knight Skywalker?" Palpatine countered with an evil smirk.

"Well in that case," Obi-Wan stated, knowing full well how Sidious was going to respond. "The choice is yours. You can surrender, come with us, and be put under trial for treachery. Or you can put up a fight. What do you choose?"

"What do you think?" He shot back with an evil smile spreading across his face. Then before you could say bantha snot, Sideous pulled out his crimson red lightsaber and brought it down, going for Obi Wan's arm, but it smashed into Obi's bright blue lightsaber instead.

Palpatine then swung his lightsaber around going for Obi-Wan's back, but Obi-Wan ducked, swung around and blocked. The two went on like this for about five minutes, maybe more, but they were moving so fast I couldn't keep track. One swinging, the other blocking. They were jumping, dogging, attacking, and walking in a circle the whole time. But then, something I never really saw coming, happened. Palpatine swung his lightsaber, going for Obi-Wan's stomach, Obi-Wan was still recovering from the last blow and narrowly avoided getting stab right through his middle, but then while Palpatine was bringing his lightsaber down, it struck Obi-Wan in the thigh, causing him to scream in pain. He then fell to ground clutching his leg in agony, groaning while he was at it. After that, I'm almost positive that he passed out.

Once I came out of shock of what had just happened, I pulled out my lightsaber, barely blocking Palpatine's swing.

"You won't get away with this Sidious!" I shouted at him, anger boiling up inside of me.

"Ha! Or so you think Skywalker!" Sidious spat back, swinging his crimson red blade towards my head, but I blocked. "And keep up the good work."

"The good work?" I questioned confused, while bringing my lightsaber up to slice through Sidious' arm and swinging my body to the right dodging his lightsaber.

"Using your anger." He replied with an evil smile, blocking my swing and going for my stomach.

"Oh shut up you Sith!" I spat, dodging his swing.

"Very well then, we can continue in silence until I destroy you!" " Sidious cackled, swinging, once again going for my head.

"Not on my watch!" I shouted. Then taking advantage of his undefended chest, I attempted to stab him right through the heart, but Sideous sensed my move, and blocked.

Next, Sidious jabbed toward my heart, I jumped out of the way, and just in the nick of time too. But, when I jumped out of the way, I twisted sideways, throwing me off balance. So I started falling. I tried to catch myself, but I ended up flinging my lightsaber toward Sidious' direction. All this happened so fast, that Sidious wasn't anticipating any of it. When all the sudden, my lightsaber found itself buried in the stomach of the evil Darth Sideous.

"Agggghhh!!!!" Screamed Sidious, then he dropped dead on the ground.

.

.

.

There, chapter 9 is done! I hope you enjoyed it!!!

The next and last chapter will be up in the next week, and then it will be on to editing this book. Oh wait, did I just say last chapter? Yes, yes I did. Noooooooooooo!!! I don't want to be done!!!!!!! But don't worry, the story isn't over after the next chapter, for a sequel will be following it. But it'll be a while before that's up, unfortunately. And I'll tell you peeps the title of it in the next chapter, because if I told you now, I'd be giving away stuff in the next chapter.

So just hold on to your pants, and wait as patiently as you can for the next and FINAL chapter of When Hope Returns. *sniff sniff*

Have a wonderful day, and may the Force be with you!!!

God bless!!! :)

~Skywalker15 :)