The One Who Was Gone

Agggghhh!! That was Darth Sidious' last words. He was dead. I killed him. All these things flew through my head. I slowly fell to my knees, then stared at my hands. What have I done? I killed a close friend, a mentor. I thought. But wait, that means the Sith are gone. Sidious is gone, so then he won't be around to tell me what to do. I can rule the Galaxy without anyone telling me what to do! Yes!!! This is exactly what I wanted!

"Anakin, Anakin." I heard Obi-Wan groan, shaking me from my thoughts.

"Yes, Obi-Wan?" I asked turning and kneeling down by him.

"Where's Palpatine?"

"He's dead!"

"Dead?" Obi-Wan repeated, with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, he's dead." I replied, with an edge of annoyance on voice. "I just told you that."

"Bu-but how?" Obi-Wan stuttered, struggling to breathe.

"I killed him!" I responded excitedly. "Now you stay here, I'll be right back with some help to get you back to the Temple."

Then I walked away without waiting for an answer because I knew full well that I didn't need to get help, I could carry Obi-Wan by myself, and plus, the Temple wasn't even that far away. I just didn't want Obi-Wan telling me so, plus, I had other plans in mind.

Instead of going back to the Jedi Temple, I headed for the Clone Trooper Barracks, hoping to find Captain Rex and Commander Cody there. I had some convincing that needed to be done.

***********************

I arrived at the Clone Trooper Barracks about ten minutes later. Just as I was about to open the front door to go inside, the two very Clones I wanted to see, walked out.

"General Skywalker!" Captain Rex stated, surprised. "Whatever brings you here?"

"I need to talk to you two." I hastily replied.

"Whatever for?" Questioned Commander Cody out of curiosity.

"I'll let you know when we get somewhere private." I spat back impatiently. "Where can we go that no one, and I mean NO one, will hear us?"

"Someone's in a bad mood." Rex commented. "We can go in our living quarters. No one ever goes in there but us."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, sir. We can even put up the Do Not Disturb sign if you so wish." Stated Cody.

"Please do." I hissed.

"Yes, sir!" Rex and Cody both replied, snapping up their hands in a salute.

*****************

Five minutes later, Rex, Cody, and I were in their living quarters, settling down so that I could tell them what happened and convince them to help me.

"Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious which I believe you already knew, is dead." I stated, starting the story.

"Dead, sir?" Rex questioned

"Yes!" I replied a little impatiently before continuing on. "Since he is dead, that means the Sith are gone. But, before you start cheering, let me finish. I need your help in order to make my plan work."

Rex and Cody raised their eyebrows, most likely wondering what my plan was.

"You're loyal to me, right?" I questioned. " And will stay loyal, no matter what, until you die?"

"Of course general, your one of our closest friends. We would do anything, and I mean anything, to assist you." Rex replied, Cody nodding in agreement.

"Good, good." I cackled, smirking an evil smirk. "How would you like to rule the galaxy as second in command under me?"

And that is when Darth Vader returned, destroying Anakin Mori Skywalker forever......or, just for a long, long time.

.

.

.

AND........that is the conclusion of When Hope Returns!!!!!

It's all done now. All done.

I deeply apologize for making you wait FOR-------EVERRRRR for this chapter. I was being lazy and busy with a side of writers' block (the arch-nemesis of a writer).

And now I shall reveal the title of Book 2......(drum roll please) It is....When Darkness Falls. There, I told you. Are you happy? 

Also, Order 66 never happened in this story. Just in case you all were wondering. That's why the clones are still clone troopers and not stormtroopers.

I will be going back and editing this book. I will be fixing the Anakin vs. Sidious duel. I'll make it longer and more challenging for Anakin. I was kind of rushing it when I was writing it the first time.

So have a wonderful rest of the week!!!! And may the Force be with you!!!

God bless you!

~Sara (Skywalker15) :)