XVII

I have come to realize that I have skipped a few episodes in the beginning. After this chapter, (Episode 10 - OHSHC) I will slip those missed episodes into the current time. The ball was in the spring and currently my story is in the season of early summer, so I plan on making the ball an autumn ball. The plot of the ball episode will remain the same. [2017.5.22]

-

"Let us in!" My big brother whined.

"Please," the twins cried, "you opened the door, went to talk to that neighbour, came back and shut the door on us!"

I pressed my forehead against the door and sighed heavily, "no." I stated curtly.

"Aki, you've been arguing with the host club for  ten minutes, just let them in," Haruhi sighed back as she pulled my cake out the oven, "plus," Haruhi whispered, "Honey-senpai brought cake."

"Fine," I huffed loudly and unlatched the door, allowing all seven members to enter. The first to enter was Tamaki and the twins, then Kyouya, and then Takashi and Honey. 

"Shabby," I heard one of the twins mutter.

I whipped my head around and glowered at Hikaru before listening in to Kyouya's observations. "A wood-built, two-story 2K. That's about right for a two-person, father-daughter commoner family."

"I thought the same thing. It's quite convenient I have to say, and in very good shape. If I didn't live in a mansion, I wouldn't mind living in one of these," I cut in walking into the kitchen where Haruhi stood, putting the icing I made on the cake.

"Yeah. At Haruhi's size, she won't go hitting her head on the low ceilings," Kaoru pointed out, "you though Aki, are a different story."

"It's an absolutely darling little room!" Honey smiled.

Haruhi slumped against the wall, "it's alright, you don't have to force yourself to compliment it."

"Huh? Haru-chan, we take off our shoes?" Honey questioned pointing to my heeled sandals and Haruhi's shoes.

"Yes, Honey. Just like a dojo, right?" I smiled, untying the apron.

"Hm!" Honey hummed.

"Hey! Let us borrow some slippers!"

"Oh, I see a tatami-floored room right here."

"In that case, we don't need slippers then."

"Okay, forgive the intrusion!" The host club cheered.

I rolled my eyes and entered the living room where Angel-chan sat, watching Yumerio Patisserie, an anime about a girl who dreams to be a cake and sweets baker. A bunch of shouting was heard behind me and I sat down next to Angel, "hey Angel-chan? How is the TV show?"

"Great!" She grinned.

Tamaki and the rest of the host club sat behind me. "It looks like we haven't given commoners' housing enough credit," I heard Tamaki mutter, "all right. It's tight in here, so everyone try your best to sit gym style! This is the way that commoners came up with to cut down on space."

"Idiot," Angel-chan and I muttered at the same time, staring at the TV screen with a blank expression. 

"I want to be a baker like you Aki-sama! Teach me. I want to be like her and make lots of sweets for my mummy," her finger pressed against the TV screen. 

"Come to my cafe with your mum sometime and I'll take you both into the kitchen," I giggled. "Ask your mum to take you first though, anyways," Haruhi turned away annoyed and I stood up, "I think it is about time you went home now," I smiled.