XIII

Warning: This chapter is graphic and not only that, it is fantasy and events such as this are most likely not possible.

-

I turned around and picked up the casket-like box, setting Annabeth inside. I held the box against my chest and walked out into the hallway, the host club trailing behind. My red carpet glowed underneath the warm orange glow of the gold chandeliers.

I led the host club to two large mahogany doors and walked inside, setting the doll's casket down onto a table beside the entrance. The warmth of the room was thick and almost suffocating. Haruhi sighed happily.

The host club filled in chairs and chattered animatedly among one another. I sat in the seat furthest from the fireplace. None of the candles were lit.

A maid stepped up next to me, whispering in my ear, "Mistress. We have all sorts of dishes prepared because we were not quite sure as to what type of meal you wanted. We have an assortment of Korean, Chinese, Russian, French, German, and British at the ready to be cooked." The maid spoke in Korean.

"I'm in the mood for Korean," I replied quietly in her native language.

She beamed, "your favourite I assume? Bibimbap with the gochujang on the side? Also a bowl of kimchi? "

I grinned, "perfect."

The maid scurried off into the kitchen and two butlers came in setting down glasses of champagne and water. A maid walked in holding a small plate and set it down in front of Haruhi. The frown on Haruhi's face morphed into a look of confusion.

I beamed back at her. The maid whispered in Haruhi's ear and I saw both of their eyes avert to mine. I glanced away quickly, as if guilty.

"Thanks, Aki!" Haruhi gleefully dug into the fancy tuna.

"So Aki-chan—" Hikaru started.

"—What are we eating for dinner?" Kaoru finished.

"I'm curious myself," Kyouya spoke up from sipping the champagne.

"It's something simple and Korean."

Honey's eyes lit up, "Is it kimchi?"

I nodded, "and bibimbap."

"And what?" Tamaki paused.

"It's the equivalent to a commoners dish," Kyouya said.

"Not really, even the richest of people eat it," Haruhi grumbled in a matter of fact tone.

"Bibimbap is rice topped with vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, sea tangle, carrots, and bean sprouts and served with a dollop of gochujang, and different types often include beef and/or egg. Everything is stirred together in one large bowl and eaten with a spoon. One popular type of this dish, dolsot bibimbap, is served in a heated stone bowl, which allows the dish to continue cooking after it is served, and in which a raw egg is cooked against the sides of the bowl. Yukhoe bibimbap is another type of bibimbap, with raw beef strips, raw egg, and a mixture of soy sauce with Asian pear and gochujang. Hoedeopbap is another variety of bibimbap using cubed raw fish," I explained.

"Woah, Aki-chan is super smart!" Honey exclaimed.

"Not really. It's simple knowledge if you're in the culinary world like me," I muttered, coughing into my hand.

A dribble of the rainbow-like substance ran down my hand and I was about to wipe it away before I realized that it was as thick as it was earlier. "Hey Kyouya, when will the medicine start to come out?" I raised my hand to show the dripping liquid running down my forearm.