"Is someone sitting here?" Tarik interrupts my thoughts. I flinch from him, shocked and well... shocked. We have English class together too? And just like advisory, there is plenty of other seats he could sit at with no one near him but no, he wants to have a seat next to me. I'm actually surprised I didn't notice him walking in the door.

"That is a perfect spot to sit Tarik. Sofia is a lovely person." The English teacher says, making people turning around to look at us.

"Trust me I know." Tarik smirks and takes the seat next to me. I scrunch up my face to his remark.

The teacher continues to talk which made the students in the room to face all their attention to her. Well, all of them except one. Tarik was clearly looking at me, but if I pretend I don't notice he is, hopefully he'll look away.

"What's with the look?" Tarik ask with a small smile. I don't know if I'm hearing things but correct me if I'm wrong, this is the voice tone he use to make when he flirts with someone ..

I shrug my shoulders, and face the front of the class. Praying that Tarik would shut up before I get in a more pissed off mood. Today has been such a bad day for me. Why must I be tested like this?

"You may turn to you're table partner to share what your definition of love is. Or you could go ahead and write your rough draft." The teacher explains and walks away to her desk.

I quickly go through my backpack to pull out a notebook and a pencil. I write down a few sentences but than my mind literally blacks out. I tried to think of the love I have for my mother but I couldn't put it into words. Or the love I have for Allah, I also couldn't put it into words. It's just like breathing to me, it's something you have to do.

What is love? Maybe it's-

"If you're stuck ask Your table partner for help!" Mrs.Joy says from her desk. I look at Tarik who was obviously was having troubles himself. Good, I hope he fails this class and never graduates, and never succeed in life-

Astafullah, the evil whispers of shaytan must be at it again.

"Could you help me?" My pencil stops moving instantly. I could try to pretend I didn't hear him, but the way I froze probably told him otherwise.

I take a quick glance at his blank piece of paper and compared it to my scribbled words.

"I'm not really a creative thinker." I say hopping that Tarik would take that and ask someone else for help.

"Oh c'mon. I'm sure you are." Tarik gives a small smile and I want to burf.

I think for awhile of who Tarik could write about, and finally a small idea pops in my head.

"Ifrah! You can write about her." I pick up my pencil ready to continue writing.

"Eh.." Tarik says," not much to write about when it comes with her."

"Excuse me?" I say offended, cause Ifrah is my best friend and though we aren't pleased with one another right now, that still doesn't make what Tarik said okay.

"What?" Tarik says.

"She's your wife, and you can't even write one thing about her?" I snap, Tarik gives a shrug.

"She's just like any other girl." Tarik picks up his pencil. Having the most careless face on him.

I look at him in shock, this is Ifrah's husband and he can't even show his love for her in words? Heck- he doesn't even think she's special to him.

I try to continue to write but Tarik's words about Ifrah keeps making me less focus. Thirty minutes has gone by but I still haven't written anything.