Chapter 30

*Roman's pov*

Tonight was the night Meli's last match with the WWE...she was nervous and emotional as anyone could imagine...the kids were here our familes...I found Meli sitting in a hallway on an equipment box in an attempt to escape the cameras "Hey."

Meli looked at me with a small smile "Hi.."

I sat beside her "Nervous?"

She nodded "Yeah...this is the first time my sisters have seen me wrestle, the girls are here...both our families...this is it Joe...tonight is the last time I'll be in that ring."

I laced my fingers with her's rubbing my thumb across her wedding band "You've worked your ass off...you've had two kids and came back fighting...baby you deserve all that's been giving to you...tonight you go out a champion."

Meli looked at me "Even with me not being here with you anymore?"

I nodded "You'll be home with our kids..it will make coming home so much sweeter..knowing not only are my kids waiting for me but so is my beautiful wife.."

She smiled softly "Yeah.."

I got up standing between her legs "You're amazing in and out of that ring... I knew you were meant to have the world when we met all those years ago..you have a beautiful heart and I'm damn lucky to even have a part of it...you've given me the world Meli its my turn to return the favor."

Meli's eyes met mine "Joe you already have...more than you know."

I cupped her cheek "I love you."

She smiled "I love you too.."

Just as I went to kiss her a voice spoke "There you are Meli...you're wanted for a promo."

Meli nodded "Okay I'll be right there..."

He nodded and walked off

She hopped off the box then tiptoed and kissed me "I love you."

I smiled "I love you too.."

Meli kissed me again and walked off

I smiled to myself and went to get ready..

*Meli's pov*

I stood with Renee as the promo began "Hey Renee.."

Renee smiled "Tonight is your last match are you having any regrets?"

I shook my head "I've been with the WWE nearly 6 years...I've done all I could hope to do I'm happy with it."

She smiled "How are you feeling doing going into this Diva's battle royal for the now reestablished WWE Women's Championship?"

I smiled "I'm excited a little nervous...but win or lose tonight I leave my mark...I'm not taking it easy I'm putting my all in this match...so I hope the girls are ready for the fight of their lives."

Renee nodded with a smile "Good luck tonight Meli.."

I smiled and walked away....before long the match had started..I gave my all and elimated a few myself... Now it was between me, Tamina, and Brie...for a brief moment Brie and I worked together to eliminate Tamina...we fought tooth and nail she gave all she had and I gave all I had...she had me set up to hit a running knee on me but I pulled the ropes down causing her to fly over the top rope hitting the floor...I sat on my knees as the bell rang..I slowly stood up as the ref handed me the belt and raised my hand...I broke character and got out of the ring embracing my family..hugging my dad I felt the tears "Thank you for teaching me.."

Dad smiled "You had the talent baby...you did this.."

I smiled and got back I'm the ring...the divas and superstars came out no storylines mattered.."I want to thank everyone out here...the entire WWE Universe for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself...my family for supporting me...my babies for giving me a reason to keep doing this...my husband for pushing me..." I took a shakey breath "Hunter Stephanie...thank you for giving me a chance...giving Divas a chance to prove we are just as good as the boys...girls keep it up"

Nikki hugged me "I'll miss you.."

I smiled as she and Brie held my arms up..when we got backstage I was met with hugs from Jon and Colby "Guys.."

Dean smiled "I'll miss you Mel.."

I smiled "You'll just have to visit Tampa more won't you."

He laughed "Damn right I will..."

I smiled "You better...Colby you too."

Seth smiled "You know it."

I smiled as I saw the kids "Excuse me.."

He nodded "Go on..."

I walked off meeting the forceful hugs of Lilly and Katlyn "My good luck charms"

Katlyn looked at me "Mommy you hurt?"

I shook my head "No baby mommy isn't hurt."

She touched my cheek "Why cry mommy?"

I smiled softly "Mommy is just very overwhelmed baby mommy isn't wrestling anymore."

Lilly looked at me "Why?"

I smiled "Because I want more time with you two and your brother... I don't want to miss anymore..so you three are getting all my attention from now on.."

She smiled widely "Really?"

I smiled "Yes really.."

Lilly smiled "Yay"

I smiled "Well I gotta go do somethings.."

She nodded "Okay.."

I kissed both the girls and walked off..after pictures I got to shower...I had to give the belt back of course but Paul and Stephanie gave me a jeweled replica to keep..I sat on the couch taking in everything..Tuesday morning I would fly home with my children and begin a new chapter of my life...after the show we went to the hotel...while the kids slept I stood out on the balcony taking in the night scenery of Los Angeles...I looked over my shoulder hearing the sliding door open I smiled seeing my husband "Hi.."

Roman smiled "Hey."

I sighed softly feeling him stand behind me "I'm going to miss this."

He wrapped his arms around my waist "You can always travel with me.."

I shook my head "As much as I want to I have to get set some sort of routine with the kids that doesn't involve hotels or me leaving...its gonna be hard enough not seeing you all the time."

Roman turned me facing him "Trust me baby I'm going to miss you like crazy...traveling with Jon is gonna suck...I'm gonna miss the kids...but I swear I'm gonna make it home as much as possible."

I nodded "I know.."

He tucked my hair behind my ear "I love you baby."

I smiled "I love you too.."

Roman nodded "Is too much to ask to have you tonight?"

I shook my head "No.."

He opened the door and led us back into the room "You're beautiful.."

I tiptoes pressing my lips to his...nothing else mattered at this moment life couldn't of been better

Author's Note

Meli settles into being home..