Chapter 6

*Meli's pov*

Tonight was Wrestlemania...Dad was facing Phil....the guys had a match as well...it was decided I would side with the Shield tonight...after the events a couple weeks ago Stephanie thought it was best for me..last night was the hall of fame...it was nice to dress up and have a little night out with Joe...before I joined the guys to get ready I sat with my dad "Please don't make this personal dad."

Dad looked at me "Its way past personal Duckie he put his hands on you he may not have hit you but if its willing to grab you the way he did how long till he does?"

I sighed as he called me the nickname my grandfather always called me "Daddy...please."

He sighed "I won't make it personal but I won't make it easy either."

I sighed "I'm just sick of the fighting...I'm sick of the digs he's taking at me...I just want things to be normal for Katlyn...I just can't understand why he's making this so difficult."

Dad sighed "I wish I had an answer for you honey I do...but I need to know do you have a lawyer?"

I nodded "Matt set me up with his lawyer..it appears because we weren't married I do not have to let him take her at all...but daddy what hurts is since I told him he couldn't take her to Chicago anymore he hasn't even asked about her..."

He sighed "I hate to say this but maybe this is for the best Meli..for you and Katlyn...she has John, Bryan, Randy...she has Joe...she has me and Duke...if Phil decided to walk away from his daughter let him he's the one who loses in the end.."

I nodded "Do you think me quiting competing in the ring was a good idea?"

Dad nodded slightly "I do...you're still on roster you're just not competing which is better for Katlyn no risk of you being injured...but the question is sweetheart are you okay with your decision?"

I nodded "Yes.."

He cupped my chin "All that matters sweetheart you are comfortable with what you decided...that Joe supports you."

I smiled softly "Thanks dad."

Dad kissed my forehead "You're welcome Duckie."

I smiled softly "I'll let you finish warming up."

He nodded "See ya kid."

I smiled "Later Deadman."

Dad laughed "Get out of here."

I laughed and walked out with Katlyn safely with Michelle..as I walked down the hall I heard my name...I turned seeing April "What do you want?"

Aj put her hands up "I'm not here to start anything promise...I actually came to apologize...I know they doesn't fix what I did I was so jealous I didn't think about what my actions would do.."

I ran a hand through my hair "You broke apart my life April...and you threw it in my face."

She nodded bowing her head "Phil fed me a lot of bullshit and I believed it...I should of known better...I admit my fault I am definetly in the wrong and I accept my responsiblity...I know we won't be friends but I'd like to know you don't complete hate me."

I sighed "I don't hate you...I tried trust me but you weren't the one with a girlfriend and baby at home he was...I've moved on I'm happy..."

Aj nodded "For what its worth I'm sorry for what I did."

I nodded "Why now?"

She sighed "I started talking to someone about everything and it helped me and I realized how awful I was...and now knowing about Casey I got a taste of how you felt when you found out about me...granted you have a daughter involved it was just my ego and pride."