Uneasiness

3rd Person POV

"So..." Yamato says, breaking the silence. "Here's how we'll be pairing up." The small candle in the middle of the room flickers as Yamato speaks, "Sakura, you and I will be on one team. And, of course, Naruto and Sai will make up the other."

Kaji sighs loudly, rolling her eyes at Yamato's stupid decision.

"You expect me... To work with him...?" Naruto growls, an orange light being reflected off of his eyes due to the candle.

Sakura clenches her fists which were sitting on her lap, her eyes drifting, full of concern, to Naruto. She lets out a sigh, similar to Kaji's, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

In the silence, Sai cocks his head, sending a closed eye smile to Naruto. "I can't wait." He says cheerfully.

Kaji, being the one between Sai and Yamato, lean over to Sai, whispering in his ear, "As much as I don't like you, I'm going to give you some advice. Don't edge Naruto on like that. It'll only create problems for me. You couldn't possibly know, because you read these shitty things from an obviously poorly written book, but what you were just doing sounded like you were mocking Naruto."

He cocks his head, looking at her confusedly, although not saying anything.

"Captain Yamato...!" Naruto says loudly.

"Yes, Naruto? What is it?" He replies calmly.

"I know how this will end..." Kaji mutters to herself, lightly drumming on the floor with her fingers to pass the time.

"Its just- Why'd you put me with," Naruto says, still keeping his eyes on Yamato but pointing his finger at Sai. "That guy!"

Yamato gives him the flashlight face, almost on instinct, whispering in that low voice he has when this happens, "Got a problem?"

"Uhhh... No... No problem..." Naruto mutters.

"I have one. Since Naruto is too much of a pussy to state his uneasiness about the way you have structured this team, I will. You and I both know, Yamato, that this mission is crucial. Because of these bad teams, it could end up being a failed one, or, even worse, some of us could end up dying. My ability, sure, could help out on the task that I was assigned to. But it isn't like sensing things should be hard for anybody. It's a basic tactic. Nobody else on this team should have trouble doing it. If anything, you or Sai would be perfect for the job, considering both of you are ANBU. Your logic contradicts all of your preaching about how important this mission is." Kaji tells him bluntly.

Sakura and Naruto look away, not being able to admit that she's wrong, but also not wanting to agree with her because of the punishments they could face from Yamato.

"Excuse me... Captain Yamato...?" Sakura finally speaks up in the midst of the silence.

"Yes, Sakura?" Yamato says, giving Kaji a look that says, 'I'll be dealing with you later'.

"I- I think maybe Naruto and I would maker a better team. We've been together for a long time, we know each others' moves inside and out!" Sakura tells him. Naruto smiles at this, happy his teammates are agreeing with him. Naruto nods twice.

"You tell em', Sakura!" Naruto says.

"Sakura." Yamato adresses her.

"Yes?"

"Listen. You're the only medical ninja on this team. Because we can't afford to have anything happen to you, you stay with me." He says strictly.

"What? Do you not acknowledge our abilities, Yamato?" Kaji asks him, cocking her head to the side and gritting her teeth. "I think you know just as well as I know that Naruto and Sakura being in the same team would not only keep Sakura safe, but it wouldn't cause any friction between the teammates, allowing for the mission to be completed smoothly. Naruto values his teammates more than anything in the world. And his strength is not to be underestimated." Kaji says, almost snarling.

Naruto's eyes brighten at her words, happy to feel like someone is on his side for once.

"It's in your best interest... To not talk to your team captain like that, Kaji Tora." Yamato says lowly.

"Because of you, something is going to go wrong. If that happens, I'm not helping." She tells him, standing up and going to the door. "If you're anything like what your reputation perceives you to be, I would think you would understand my uneasiness about this mission."

Kaji leaves the room to cool off, Yamato releasing a big sigh.

He did understand what she meant. Rumors have floated around about his intuition, which is usually correct. He also felt that something would go wrong during the mission. Knowing that she wouldn't help made him especially uneasy.

The silence becomes even thicker, Yamato coughing awkwardly. "We can expect the enemy to be highly skilled. Any mistakes or loss of focus could prove fatal. So save any thoughts you have for later, lets just... Concentrate on the mission for now."

"Yes sir." Sakura replies quietly.

"Ok... You got it." Naruto drags out in his rough voice, seeing Yamato's stressed out face.

Yamato gets up, walking to the door. "It is imperative that we get to know here Orochimaru's hideout is." He says, loud enough for the three in the room to hear.

He shuts the door, "It's also important that I be the one to guard Sakura in case of Naruto's fox. Kaji, I hope you understand, your knowledge of sensory is past any of our limits. We can't afford to send a half assed shinobi out there to find a base of Orochimaru's. I'm sorry for any feelings of uneasiness you may have wrought." Yamato says to himself, quietly.

(Time skip)

Kaji's POV

"What a load of crap!" I yell to myself.

'I can't think of any reasons he wouldn't listen to you, Kaji.' Minoru reassures me from my head.

My Teishi-Tai remains activated, heartbeats of everything in a large vicinity able to be heard by me. It's quite overwhelming, sometimes.

I mean, think about it.

Squirrels, rabbits, birds, deer, one (stray?) cat and two elk. Those are all the heartbeats I can hear. I set off earlier than all of the others because I had to be far enough away from the bridge so the scout wouldn't sense me. Of course, I could still sense them almost perfectly, but it was slightly fuzzy because of the distance.

I've been training. I've been training really hard. I can keep things in my hold for longer with the Teishi-Tai and I can sense things from a longer distance away. My arm feels relatively normal, though sometimes it gets very hard to control for some reason. This has been happening less and less frequently, but it still happens. When it does happen, though, the simplest things like throwing a kunai straight become unable for me to do, and I have to let it wear off. There's even a slight sting when I use chakra in that arm when it becomes hard to control. The sheer weight of this arm has also slowed my speed, which I will have to fix later.

I've asked Shikamaru for tips on how to hold things for longer. The Nara Clans' jutsus are actually pretty similar to the Teishi-Tai. The big difference is that the Teishi-Tai is used more for affecting internal damage to the body while the Nara clans technique focuses more on external damage. But the amount of effort it takes to keep our, well, victims, held in place is almost exactly the same. I've looked to Neji for help regarding the internal chakra system, as nobody knows it better than a Hyuga.

Now I'll have to seek out Lee for training with speed.

I sigh to myself, loud and obnoxiously, looking back over my shoulder.

"... Something is going to go wrong..." I say to myself, my heart beginning to seep full of doubt and my mind becoming clouded with concern.