Freedom With A Slice Of Betrayal

___________

Hey, guys. I had to spend a long time thinking about what Kaji would do this chapter, because I don't want to strictly follow the scenes from Naruto, I want to shake it up a little. However I will include all the major events (there is one coming up if you can guess what it is) and I hope you have a good read! Oh, and also, is there anyone you think that Kaji should be romantically involved with? If you do have someone in mind for her, comment it! (Because I'm not entirely sure that you guys want some love twists xD)

Peace

___________

Kaji's POV

"Naruto..." I say breathily, not putting on my facade soon enough. I switch my face to a blank and dead look easily, watching and he limps over to me. I analyze his body, seeing that much like I used to, he had a cast going up his whole leg. I feel a pang of regret for battling him like that, for hurting him, but I can't let this act go now. I'm stuck with it, whether I want to or not.

It's for my friends, I just have to suck it up.

He looks at me and starts to walk over to me, slowly, his cast making a scratching noise on the ground. I start to shake in my chair, trying to scoot myself backwards and away from him. I didn't have any chakra because of these stupid cuffs, and I wasn't getting off of this chair. I couldn't read what he was thinking, or even feeling, so I sat there, my lip curling up in warning.

He doesn't pay attention to that, just limping closer and closer to me, getting on his knees in front of me, his cast leg sticking out strangely. My heart starts beating quickly, afraid of what he would do in his, most likely, rage.

I scrunch my eyebrows as, instead of receiving another punch, Naruto quickly wraps his arms around me. He hugs me and starts weeping into my shoulder, making me freeze up. He cries loudly into my shoulder, repeatedly muttering my name and hugging me tighter and tighter.

"Kaji," he says, with a sniffly voice, looking up at me. Tears were streaming down his face, making his whisker marks wet and his eyes turning puffy and red. He sniffles and looks into my eyes, worry being evident in them.

"Don't ever leave me again..." He says quietly, wrapping his arms around my neck and hugging me again, not caring about how I smell or the dried blood on me. I stay frozen, goosebumps arising all over me.

I feel something warm slide down my cheek, and Naruto looks up again, making me feel more water slide down my cheek. I wasn't aware of it at first, because it had been so long since I cried...

Naruto continues to sniffle slightly, wiping the tears from his eyes and undoing the straps from my arms, allowing me to move.

I couldn't control myself as I threw myself on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, burying my face into the crook of his neck and crying silently into it.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so, so sorry. I'm sorry." I keep saying to him, feeling him wrap his arms around me and connect behind my back. We sob on each other for quite a while, eventually sitting down close to each other, my head leaning on his shoulder, holding his hand tightly.

"I'm sorry... Naruto..." I mumble quietly, ignoring the aching in my chest and body.

Naruto doesn't reply, just squeezing my hand tighter in reassurance.

A huge rumble shakes the room, the lamp attached to the ceiling falling down, making both of us jump up in surprise. This interrogation room was deep underground, and I mean deep underground.

I could slowly feel my chakra coming back to me, the chakra restraints taken off, leaving only a deep red indent in my wrist.

"What was that?" Naruto asks with a concerned tone. I use a tiny amount of chakra to sense the heartbeats above us, and my eyes immediately widen.

"Naruto, we need to get up there right now. Hundreds have died. The population is much less than it had been when I set the four guys free..." I start saying loudly, my voice quieting down at the end.

Naruto grabs my wrist and leads me out of the interrogation room, running up the long hall to the surface. I stop him, hitting the cast on his leg with a finger of chakra, making it break and fall off his leg. He rolls his pants down, the two of us not exchanging any words as we rush to the village. They didn't have to leave his cast on, they just wanted to make sure it was healed totally, which it was. He'd be fine. The interrogation room was deep in the Hokage mountain, so when we ran up, we were on the Third's head.

Our jaws dropped to the floor, anger rising inside both of us.

The village was in pieces. Smoke rose up from hundreds of homes and we could hear everyone screaming in panic.

The whole reason I lied like I did was to protect my friends, and essentially, this village.

And after seeing, discovering for myself back in that interrogation room, how much I missed everybody...

Naruto and I immediately power chakra to our feet, running down the Hokage mountain, soon enough being close enough to jump to the ground. As soon as we do it, I look up in the sky and my mouth drops open.

I grab Naruto's hand, forcing him to a stop, pointing up in the sky, where Pain floated.

It seems as if our eyes connected, and he yelled, "Shinra Tensei."

My eyes widened and the ground shook beneath us, making me grab Narutos hand and run the other direction, sprinting up the Hokage mountain with him being dragged behind me. I breathe a breath of relief as soon as I reach the top with Naruto, knowing we'd be safe at the top of the mountain. I see Naruto shuddering in anger as he watches his whole village decimated in one blow, a giant crater of dirt replacing the village.

The cloud of dust is so big it pours over the Hokage monument, making Naruto and I shield our faces from all the dirt. We slowly slide our arms down after a minute or two, feeling the rush of wind die down, and we open our eyes again.

"I'm... I'm going... To killl him."