Let's go home and start again (Gray, Juvia, Ultear)

(A/N) Inspiration song called "Come To Me" by The Goo Goo Dolls

I don't even know how I died. One minute we were about to escape the city into safety, the next I was floating in darkness, weighing about as much as a feather. 

Was this what it was like to die? Was this even real? But I guess it was real as it could possibly be. 

And as quickly as I had entered this dreamlike state, I was whisked away into another reality.

This one was warm though. And full of golden grass. I could see the whole field stretch for miles and miles at a time. I didn't even notice anyone around until I heard a commanding voice demand my attention.

"Gray Fullbuster!"

I snapped out of my daze and sharply turned around. Standing in front of me was a woman with short raven hair and a steel cutting gaze. Her looks called for respect and order. She was Ur, and she was mad.

"What kind of student did I raise to not notice his own death! If I were you, I would have at least noticed that something was wrong! IDIOT!"

Ur's words shocked me. But after a moment, a hand reached and patted the woman's shoulder. A similar looking female with his teacher's looks smiled at her elated mother.

"Calm yourself mother! You will die of stress next if you keep worrying yourself away!"

Ur sigh at her daughter Ultear. My old teacher faced me and closed the distance between us, embracing me as they made contact.

"I missed you though."

A stray tear fell from the my face. How long had it been since we had been like this? How many years has she been dead? Because it almost seemed wrong, being how I had grown well over my late teacher's height. I wasn't a kid to her anymore.

After pulling away, Ultear stepped up and faced me.

"And just because you beat me, doesn't mean you don't have to listen to me." Smirking, she and her mother linked arms and walked off towards a now appearing group of people.

"I'm still your big sister!" she yelled back, waving her hand up as to signal her leave.

I grinned as I watched them walk off to a new comer that I now saw was Leon and some of Lamia Scale. The look on his face was priceless, but still heartwarming when he and teacher also shared a touching hug.

"Gray-sama?" a timid voice asked from behind.

I turned my head around to see Juvia standing a couple of steps away. Her head hung a bit low and she was sullen as could be.

"Hey Juvia, what's up?"

The rain woman then shifted on her feet a bit more as her gaze lowered even further to the ground, her eyes starting to water as she spoke.

"Juvia is sorry we are dead. I should have been more careful and protected Gray-sama."

All at once, I felt apart of my head scold me for letting her feel this way. Though she was a stalker, a bit crazy, and on top of that an over reactor. She was still a fellow mage of Fairy Tail and a trusted friend, someone I could count on to have my back.

"Don't worry about it. Could be worse."

Still not convinced that she was off the hook, her head sunk lower and her shoulders dropped slightly in defeat. I knew how hard it is to feel like I let someone down, what it feels like to have someone's life slip through your fingers because you messed up.

Me and her might not have really sat down and given each other our life stories, but we both had some pretty messed pasts. The orphan boy who lost two families and the gloomy girl without someone who would care for her.  

And maybe if I got to know her better, we could maybe have something more.

So I did the one thing I knew would cheer her up. 

"Do you want to meet my teacher?"

Her head shot up a bit and her smile was almost blinding. Next thing I knew, she flung herself at me and wrapped her arms around my neck. She was so quick, I almost stumbled backwards on impact. I could already feel a light blush on my face as she held on. Juvia's hair brushed past my cheek and gave me a little pleasant smell of her.

It was a cross between a beach and lavender.

After breaking away, we both walked towards Leon, Ultear, and Ur. I thought of how much of an earful I was going to get from Ur about me treating her right and Ultear snickering about children.

I didn't even notice our hands were intertwined.