Chapter 19

I need to take the bus to the shopping centre, where I'm meeting Ed. The car is fucking broken again. The mechanic said it would take more or less one week. When I finally get to the shopping centre, he's already waiting for me at the entrance of the shop.

'Sorry for being late, the car isn't working again so I took the bus.'

'No prob.' I give him a kiss on the cheek. He looks younger, probably because he has shaved his beard. Before we get inside the shop he adds complaining: 'I don't get why you guys are all in a hurry about the suit. Groomsmen have to wear the same.'

I simply roll my eyes. When it comes to suits he always complains. He hates them.

'What if they need to do some arrangements? You can't come here two days before the wedding.'

We tell the worker the name of 'Matthew Sheeran' so she can show us the suit, which consists of a white shirt and tie and a dark grey waistcoat and after that the woman tell us where the fitting rooms are.

'Karlie, could you get inside? I need help with the buttons. I'm already sweating because of this fucking suit.'

I open the curtains to get inside the fitting room and suddenly I feel shivers all over my body. The trousers of the suit are little bit tight and he has definitely worked on his biceps. I try to focus my attention on the buttons, under Ed's look, without saying a word, because I know what will happen if I look directly into his eyes. I also help him with the tie.

I wait outside the fitting room for him to finish on getting dressed. A few minutes later he gets out with a small grin on his face. I look directly to his trousers, now the bulge has grown. I still have an effect on him.

'Is everything ok?' the woman asks us referring to Ed's suit.

'Yeah, I don't think it needs any arrangements.' He says while raising his arms to check that it isn't tight.

'I'm glad you've got finally the suit.' I said while walking out from the shop.

'Yeah...I hate it.'

'I know. Thank you for the effort you've made.' I give him a kiss on the cheek and he's as surprised as me. Sometimes I just can't help it. But I'm trying to convince myself I'm doing this just as friends.

'Where do you want to have lunch?'

'Same place as always.' That's Nando's. We go to the third etage of the shopping centre where you can find all the restaurants and we wait till a waiter come and attend us very kindly. 'You should talk to your mum.' I said while reading the menu knowing already what I'm going to order.

'Why?' he answers back with raised eyebrows.

'Because she thinks we are back together.'

'Oh, aren't we?' he winks at me and the waiter comes to ask us what we would like to order. 'Yeah, don't worry I'll talk to her. But I've already told her that you've got a boyfriend.'

'You did what?' I raise audibly my tone of voice. But he has gone to the bar to get our lunch. 'Why did you tell her that??'

'Because you and Tom are together.' He says with a calm and normal tone.

'Are you kidding me? Edward, Tom is fucking gay.' I whisper this time looking at him completely incredulous.

'What? IS HE GAY?' he shouts and I immediately silence him with a 'Shhh'.

'Yeah, of course he is! He's one of my best friends and he likes men.

'This must be a joke.'

'Why?'

'Because I thought you were with that guy!!!' Ed whispers this time looking straight into my eyes.

'And?' I ask curiously almost knowing the answer.

'And that's why...' he looks down this time and sighs after to continue. 'I started my relationship or whatever you want to call it with Rose.'

'You wanted me to get jealous or what?'

'Yeah sort of...don't hate me even more, please.'

So...Ed has been with Rose because he thought I was with Tom and I kind of pretended to be with Tom because I wanted Ed to be jealous...the more I think about it the more childish it seems now.

'I don't hate you. I've never hated you.' This is how our conversation ends. We continue eating without saying any other word.

After having lunch he drives me towards the hotel because I have to work till midnight. During the short journey, he places one of his hands on my right. He has always done that, so he's used to it and so am I.

'Do you want me to pick you up after work?' he asks me once he has turned off the car's motor.

'Oh, thank you but Sally is already taking me home tonight.'

'Call me if you need me. I don't like the idea of you walking alone the streets at past midnight.' He gives me a kiss almost on the corners of my mouth and I get out of the car.

And I realize that probably when I see him next time it will be at the wedding.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! Here we are again! Hope you like it!! <3 COMMENT AND VOTE

Marie