Chapter 4

It is finally Thursday. Although at Ed’s place Acker has tons of clothes, I’ve packed some in his little suitcase with his books for the school. Acker and I, we are both living in London, but Ed moved on to Watford, which is 40 minutes away from our city. We get into the Grand Theatre just on time. Matthew and his girlfriend, Candice, who is also my best friend are waiting for us patiently at the main door. I give them both a warm hug and Acker highs five with Matthew.

‘Mummy why don’t you come with me to see daddy?’ an awkward silence between the three of us and Matthew smiles slightly.

‘Because mum has to work.’ I tell him stroking his cheek. ‘Are you going to miss me?’ I pick him up to be face to face with him and he nods repeatedly and hugs me in the strongest way he can do it, resting his head on my shoulder, which makes me smile. ‘Behave, please. I love you’.

‘I call you on Sunday to see which day of the next week he wants me to bring Acker back here.’ Matthew tells me while we walk towards the car. Before Matthew gets into the car, he kisses briefly Candice and adds ‘Have fun you two’.

Candice has told me about meeting her and go to her place because according to her she has to tell me something very important that it will change my life –little bit dramatic, isn’t she?-. I’ve met Candice three years ago, when she and Matthew started seeing each other. Is not like I have so many friends, in fact, she and a few more girls from university are the only friends I have.

‘I’ve missed you Kar. The Sunday’s lunch aren’t the same without you and the little one. How are you? No news?’

‘Nope. I’m still looking for a job, I have some interviews next week, but we will see…anyway, enough talking about me. You had something to tell me, remember?’

‘Oh yes!’ she stands up from the sofa and goes to the table in the dining room, then she gives me an envelope.

‘What is this?’ I say while opening it. I read the information in the invitation for the wedding wide-eyed. ‘Oh my…this is amazing Candice!! I am so happy for you, you are going to be finally Ms. Sheeran’ I give her a tight hug and after seeing her face, little bit nervous I realize what this invitation means. ‘Oh…’

‘Karlie, I-I know this is going to be difficult for you, but it would make me so happy if you could come, of course, with Acker.’

‘But he will be there…’

‘He will, he is going to be one of the best men. I know this is too much for you, but please, do it for me…you still have time, the wedding is going to be in June. Think about it okay?’

-

I finally get home, it’s 5pm. Without Acker this house feels so empty. I decide to drink some tea and go to my room to re-read the four letters Ed sent me. I get them out from the drawers of the nightstand and start to read them. I can’t believe I am going to see him in June…I haven’t told Candice already but from the second she gave me the invitation I wanted to be there for sure. Now I only have to wait till the next week when Acker is here because that means another letter.

______________________________

Hi guys again!!!! I hope you like this chapter. From now chapters are going to be little bit longer. DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY. Please, VOTE AND COMMENT. Is very important for me to read what do you think, because it MOTIVATES ME.

x. Marie.